Customer Success Manager - APAC
Home Based - APAC
Posted 1 month ago
What is Canonical?
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, “the world’s best free software platform”. Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping individuals and businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
As Canonical continues to make open source software more accessible and seamless for a wide variety of users, you have the opportunity to assist our customers pursuit in seeing ROI and value from our numerous cloud product offerings. As a Customer Success Manager - APAC, you will be a trusted advisor for customers across a number of industries with variable objectives - such as Telco’s onboarding their mission critical applications, dating websites running their algorithm on top of our infrastructure, and smaller IT startups using our products and services as a foundation to grow. Canonical is a fast moving company on the edge of technology, and our customer success/experience approach adapts to the needs of the market - enabling you to provide direct feedback and input across the company to continually improve customer experience. Our resources and pathways for upskilling in areas such as cloud technologies, analytics, software development, agile, project management, DevOps and open source will allow you to grow immensely.
As a Customer Success Manager - APAC you will:
- Advocate our High Touch Managed Service customers within the various Canonical teams that provide the large number of products and services your customers will utilize.
- Drive retention among our most valuable customers by understanding their business needs, how our products can assist them and identifying opportunities for expansion and growth.
- Drive communication and messaging with clients to identify and define objectives during various phases of the customer lifecycle.
- Be a change agent for our continuously evolving customer success/experience process.
- Assign and promote ownership of outstanding issues for your customers to internal teams and assist with scheduling resources for operational and project work.
- Escalate and rally the organization to resolve and prevent future occurrences of outstanding issues blocking value realization
- Continuous engagement in training/upskilling yourself
The successful Customer Success Manager - APAC will have :
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 1+ years of customer success or customer facing experience
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, in English.
- Good judgement in prioritization of tasks.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Flexible approach, able to operate effectively with change
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally domestically and internationally (post-covid)
Nice to have:
- Degree level education in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math).
- Chinese dialects are a plus.
- Familiarity with Customer Success missions/goals and methodologies
- Knowledge in one or more of: Linux/UNIX technology components (Support,Development, Implementation), understanding of IT data center architectures, server architectures, cloud technology, Openstack, Kubernetes, and/or DevOps.
- Experience working with telco and/or enterprise customers
- Basic understanding of gantt chart creation, customer health status reporting, and fundamental understanding and utilization of CSM tools for support.
What Canonical Offers:
- Learning and Development
- Annual Compensation Review
- Recognition Rewards
- Annual Leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.