Product Marketing Manager
Posted 1 month ago
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be a key enabler for all facets of our go-to-market strategy as it pertains to our technology alliances and integrations. You’ll play a critical role on a quickly growing team with the opportunity to make a significant impact in a short period of time. You will be responsible for product messaging, positioning, sales and partner enablement, new product launches, revenue planning and collaboration with the demand generation team. You will be the “voice of the customer” in the way we present our integrations and joint partner solutions to the world.
Our ideal candidate will be creative, analytical, and extremely well organized, with a high level of attention to detail. You must have demonstrated experience creating interesting narratives out of complex topics, have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to influence and drive initiatives across cross-functional teams.
What you’ll do:
- Be the voice of the customer and oversee the marketing of technology partnerships and the creation of a solutions marketplace.
- Be the quarterback for the product integrations & joint partner solutions go-to-market plan that aligns with the revenue goals and develop marketing assets and overall execution plan in support of major launches.
- Analyze the market, buyers, trends, industry-specific problems, and competitors to create strategic positioning that differentiates Tanium through joint solutions
- Identify target personas, understand their key business problems and pain points and articulate Tanium’s value proposition to drive desired outcomes.
- Work closely with product management, business development, sales leadership, enablement, customer success and marketing teams across all activities
- Leverage strong content creation background to develop content, including sales tools, whitepapers, custom one-sheets, event collateral and thought-leadership content
- Collaborate with demand generation teams to execute targeted campaigns that drive pipeline
- Partner with sales, product etc. to facilitate feedback and drive continuous improvement of the product positioning, sales enablement tools etc.
- Conduct market research, including buyer interviews to inform marketing content and create actionable insights
- Present to customers, partners, and sales teams
- Travel as needed - roughly 25%
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA or BS in Marketing or equivalent experience required
- MBA strongly preferred
- We are looking for someone who is excited to work in a fast-moving, high growth company for an opportunity to drive revenue growth and advance your career.
- 2+ years minimum of experience in product marketing, solutions marketing or outbound product management required
- Experience crafting go-to-market strategy including pricing and packaging.
- Experience marketing of an enterprise software solution to address cybersecurity issues
- Experience at a business-to-business enterprise software company required
- Experience understanding technology at a deep level and ability translate to business needs concisely required
- Experience developing presentations to customers, sales teams, and partners preferred
- Solid experience in positioning work and writing marketing plans for complex products and/or market dynamics
- Strong presentation skills required. Must be comfortable speaking in front of all levels from entry level employees to the C Suite
- You are a team player, knowing how to work well cross-functionally to rally teams around your strategy and plans
- You can balance both art and science of marketing – having great creative intuition and an insatiable appetite for data and insights
- Understanding of basic branding principles: brand identity, building equity, brand voice etc. a plus.
- You possess excellent business judgment; ability to prioritize independently, overcome blockers, create clarity and move forward even in ambiguous circumstances
- A profound sense of ownership and accountability is required along with the ability to influence (and inspire) and sometimes skeptical audiences
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things