Value Engineering Intern
Posted 1 month ago
Tanium is looking for a curious, driven, and hardworking individual to join its Value Engineering team as a 2021 Summer Intern. This role will interact with various teams and levels of management, and the right candidate must have the ability to communicate at multiple levels across the Sales team. This person must be an analytical and critical thinker, a problem solver, data-oriented, and a clear communicator. She/he must be able to roll-up their sleeves, and work directly with financial models and data. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, independent, confident speaking to a group, and naturally inquisitive.
The position can be located anywhere in the continental United States.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Director of Value Engineering on various initiatives designed to help our sales teams better forecast and communicate the value of the Tanium platform to our customers
- Define ways to simply, streamline and/or automate current processes, in order to drive greater efficiency of the Value Engineering function as Tanium grows
- Curate and mine the various models we’ve built over the past 5+ years to find insights and opportunities
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree candidate, majoring in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- 2-3 years of college or university classes/credits
- Proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets, PowerPoint/Google Slides required
- Solid understanding of financial concepts as they apply to the evaluation, selection and purchase of information technology (e.g. business cases/cost-benefit analysis, return on investment, total cost of ownership, productivity impact, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presenting to executives and large groups
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company, particularly in the software industry
- Experience partnering directly with leaders at the Director level and above
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.