Coding Quality Manager - Home Care
Remote / Homebased
Posted 1 month ago
WellSky offers market-leading OASIS-analysis software and coding services for the home health care industry. Our team is developing innovative solutions to help improve agency’s OASIS accuracy, reimbursement, and patient outcomes.
The Manager of Coding Quality, insures coding and OASIS accuracy and performance excellence. The Manager implements, coordinates, and evaluates the Department's coding audit program, coordinating educational programs for staff in conjunction with the Sr. Manager. The Manager of Coding Quality supervises select and assigned personnel and functions involved in the Coding program. Works collaboratively with the Director of Coding Operations to insure that goals for quality, education, recruitment and production are met and surpassed.
A day in the life!
- Provides leadership to coding staff; and interacts with coding accounts to insure the highest level of coding success and client satisfaction within WellSky coding accounts.
- Provides feedback to coding team members regarding timeliness and capacity/individual quality and productivity.
- Support ongoing quality program including internal and external audits.
- Implements training programs for coding candidates, newly certified and continuing education for experienced coding staff in conjunction with the Director of Coding Education.
- Working in conjunction with the coding vendors monitor coder quality for trends and triggers to identify opportunities for need for additional education and performance improvement plans.
- Coordinates coding services to ensure delivery in accordance with operational support, policies and procedures to ensure appropriate coding practices, regulatory and contractual compliance.
- Work with the operations team to maintain adequate supply of highly trained coders that ensure customer satisfaction. Maintains staffing virtual site ratios.
- Participates as an internal consultant responding to client questions, product issues and potential client sales and marketing opportunities.
- Responsible to provide training to contract coders on off—hours as needed to accommodate their availability and work schedules.
- Responsible for sharing weekend and holiday management coverage as needed.
- Supervises assigned personnel and projects as well as shared coordination of quality staff to ensure ongoing coder quality and competency.
- Ensures that payroll, coverage and on-going support of direct report employees is maintained.
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) from a four (4) year college or university. Coding (BCHH-C OR HCS-D) and OASIS (COS-C, OR, HCS-O, OR COQS) certified. Minimum of 5-7 years experience with demonstrated progressive responsibility in the home health and hospice setting.
- Experience in healthcare, supervision and training, Home Care Coding with at least two years of supervisory experience in the field.
- Proficient skills in speaking, writing, and understanding English language
- Comprehensive understanding of the general and technical aspects of the job
- Solid knowledge of spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), presentation (Microsoft PowerPoint), word processing (Microsoft Word) and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of personnel within the organization, including presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Ability to identify and properly handle complex issues requiring a high level of expertise in making decisions
- Ability to work independently with efficient time management skills, adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to coach and train staff
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgment as well as make decisions within the scope of assigned authority
- Some travel including local, regional and national as Coding Department needs necessitate, reasonable estimate of (5) trips per year.
WellSky is a technology company advancing human wellness worldwide. Our software and professional services address the continuum of health and social care — helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. A portfolio company of TPG Capital, WellSky serves more than 10,000 customer sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, home health and hospice franchises, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 30 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers’ needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care’s potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position