Threat Detection Engineer - Active Defense
New York, NY, United States, Boston, MA, United States, Remote - US
Posted 1 month ago
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Datadog is building a world class security team to keep our employees, platform and end users safe from real world threats.
As a Threat Detection Engineer on the Active Defense team you will develop software for detecting and responding to threats in Datadog's infrastructure. You will operate as a threat detection and response subject matter expert and will build new tools to apply your expertise across Datadog’s diverse, multi-cloud environment.
- Analyze attacker methodology, emerging threats, and security research to develop new alerting and detection strategies.
- Develop automated systems that detect malicious signals in an environment that processes trillions of data points per day.
- Create and deploy systems that automate incident response and digital forensics in public cloud and containerized environments.
- Participate in security event and incident response efforts.
- Work across the company to defend and detect advanced attacks against our employees, platform, and end users.
- You are comfortable developing in Go and Python.
- You are a subject matter expert in areas related to threat detection or incident response.
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when diagnosing security issues.
- You handle infrastructure with code because automation lets you focus on the more difficult and rewarding problems.
- You have production experience with Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, GCP, and/or Azure.
- You want to work in a fast, high growth environment.
- You have experience or expertise in data science, machine learning, and/or the development of advanced analytics.