Business Intelligence Manager
MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation. MURAL’s certified enterprise-class cloud-based infrastructure connects 40 percent of Fortune 100 global enterprises, drawing the support of leading investors from Radian Capital, Gradient Ventures, Endeavor Catalyst and others.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employees over 200 people working across six time zones around the world like Buenos Aires, Atlanta, and across Europe. We recently raised $118m in a series B round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
As a Business Intelligence Manager you will:
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout the company to assess and prioritize business intelligence and reporting needs; develop key performance indicators and dashboards and deliver reporting and analytic solutions to stakeholders providing data-driven insight into business performance, issues and initiatives.
- Align business intelligence products and tools to ensure company keeps pace with industry capabilities. Oversee enterprise reporting and business intelligence capabilities.
- Lead and oversee work of BI Engineers, including setting direction, planning, assigning, scheduling and reviewing to assure work products meet quality standards.
- Responsible for leading the team’s efforts in designing, developing, testing and implementing reports and solutions that utilize the underlying data stores.
- Partner with IT to manage implementation and administration of business intelligence reporting systems and tools.
- Establish standards and best practices for business intelligence and reporting. Recommend improvements to maximize process efficiency and report management.
- Drive information governance and data quality across the organization.
- Investigate data issues, performs analyses, proposes and executes solutions.
- Power advanced analytic capabilities through Master Data Management.
- Understand the upstream and downstream data impacts and applies business rules to govern data transformations.
- Support and promote standards across all enterprise BI solutions including metadata and end user solutions.
- Work closely with other departments, ensuring their data, reporting and analytics needs are met either by producing top quality dashboards and insights.
- Coach, lead and participate in the development and mentoring of team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration and 6+ years of business intelligence, data management, data analytics, data modeling or other directly related experience.
- You have advanced knowledge of various business intelligence and reporting tools
- You have experience with these Dashboards: Periscope / Tableau / PowerBI
- You have experience with SQL coding
- You have experience with principles, practices, and techniques used in analytical solution design and development. Ability to identify, quantify and effectively identify user requirements for analytics and dashboards.
- You have a strong understanding of business objectives and ability to apply that knowledge to enhance or develop business intelligence solutions.
- You have strong project management and problem-solving skills, with ability to influence others.
- You have excellent interpersonal, communications skills, both verbal and written. Effective consulting, facilitation and presentation skills. Ability to multi-task and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- You have the ability to think creatively about a business solution. Exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness in decision making and problem solving.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Daily lunch
- Health insurance (OSDE 310)
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.