Investment Technology Roles
Support Engineer, Investment Engine Technology
Bridgewater manages global investments for a wide array of institutional clients, including foreign governments and central banks, corporate and public pension funds, university endowments and charitable foundations. Bridgewater is a highly entrepreneurial company, driven to success by: its process, its people, and its culture. At Bridgewater, we have invented, and keep inventing, superior approaches to investing and technology. We have fueled this innovation by recruiting talented, creative people from all backgrounds and promoting an invigorating and collaborative work environment. We are committed to the constant pursuit of excellence, and the belief that a meritocracy of ideas, not hierarchies, drives decision-making. Bridgewater is based in Westport, Connecticut.
Technology is central to our success and to maintaining our competitive edge. Our systematic approach to investing and creative use of technology makes our proven track record possible. Our role in the Infrastructure Services department is to ensure the business has the right technology available at the right time. The Infrastructure Service department is responsible for decommissioning legacy technology as well as deployment and integration of Productivity and Collaboration tools. We enable the business by supporting the Technology that drives it, from Desktop and AV support to partnering with Engineers and vendors on complex infrastructure issues.
As a Support Engineer, your role will consist of owning issues from inception to root cause, interacting with users across the firm, and escalating to the Senior Support Engineering team as appropriate. Being able to diagnose and solve issues on Endpoint and Collaboration tools will be vital as we continue to roll out and support new products to the business. As we improve our infrastructure architecture and strive for more automation, there will be a mix of legacy and new technology that requires maintenance, decommissioning, integrating and supporting as necessary.
We think you’ll click with us if you
- Consistently hold a high bar for the quality of interactions with end users.
- Enjoy thinking critically, with an overarching focus on simplification.
- Anticipate problems and complications, and formulate solutions to unblock the progress of the project.
- Constantly raise the bar, never satisfied that anything is good enough
- Can react to a mission critical problem in an excellent way, and not sacrificing quality over speed
- Can balance pragmatism, excellence and agility with good logic
- Enjoy working with a high degree of autonomy.
- Have the ability to move between reactivity and proactivity flawlessly and often
- Think security is important and never an afterthought.
You’ll Spend Your Time
- Solving user problems and learning new technologies.
- Ensuring the stability of our existing portfolio of infrastructure systems.
- Supporting applications with direct business impact – real people and the firm’s bottom line will benefit from your work
- Growing the people around you by teaching and learning together
- Deploying enterprise level applications
- Partnering with Senior Support Engineers and vendors to resolve issues.
- Supporting Endpoint and Collaboration tools as well as laptops and desktops.
- Strong Technical Acumen obtained via a relevant bachelors/graduate program or equivalent experience
- First class verbal and written communication skills
- A strong customer service focus and experience
- Extremely high standards, zero tolerance for low quality work
- An understanding of Enterprise level systems (DNS, AD, networking, file sharing)
- Moderate expertise in two or more: Windows 10, OSX, Office 2016/365, Exchange 2013/Online, Microsoft Intune, iPhones, Amazon WorkSpaces, Citrix XenApp 7.x, SCCM, PowerShell
- Experience of working in the financial services industry would be preferred but is not a prerequisite
- Physical Requirement of being able to lift 50lbs.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.