Front End Engineer - CX Team
Remote - US
Who We Are
Cobalt (cobalt.io) is a fast-growing and globally distributed cybersecurity start-up with hubs in San Francisco, Boston, and Berlin. We leverage the gig economy to connect global security talent with businesses and their users by providing Penetration Testing as a Service via the Cobalt technology platform. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We are looking for a Front End Engineer to help build our React/Redux based UI and suite of customer facing Pentest as a Service features. You will contribute to the way we build, maintain, and improve our software stack. You will work in an agile environment, collaborating on a daily basis with our Engineering and Design teams, and Product Management.
What You Would Do
- Work within a remote friendly engineering team, following Agile and continuous automation processes to build our React based UI.
- Partner with product and design teams to understand requirements and deliver creative solutions that meet needs of functionality, performance, scalability, reliability and realistic implementation schedules.
- Code UI solutions, components, and automated test cases to support iterative feature development
- Work in a small, fast-paced, collaborative startup environment where you will certainly be able to make an impact, as we aim to build the best penetration testing as a service platform.
You Must Have
- 3+ years of professional experience with web/software development, using HTML5, CSS, ES6
- Experience working with React and Redux
- Experience implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience with continuous deployment processes
- Knowledge of application architecture, security and reliability concepts
- Good written and verbal communication in English
- Comfortable working in distributed environment
- Knowledge of React testing library, Ruby on Rails, or Docker/Kubernetes a plus
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off & travel policies
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future (US only)
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits (US only