Senior Software Engineer - CX Team
Remote - US
Who We Are
Cobalt (cobalt.io) is a fast growing cybersecurity start-up headquartered in San Francisco. Cobalt is providing a Pentest as a Service Platform which leverages the sharing economy to find global security talent to help secure companies and their users. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our offices in San Francisco, Berlin, and remote roles are characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work in a full-stack capacity, to help build our platform and suite of customer facing Pentest as a Service features. You will contribute to the way we build, maintain, and improve our software stack. You will work in an agile environment, collaborating on a daily basis with our Engineering teams and Product Management.
What You Would Do
- Work within a remote friendly engineering team, following Agile and continuous automation processes to build our Ruby on Rails/React based architecture.
- Work with multi-tiered distributed systems, web services, APIs, relational and NoSQL databases.
- Partner with product teams to gather requirements and deliver creative solutions that meet needs of functionality, performance, scalability, reliability and realistic implementation schedules.
- Work in a small, fast-paced, collaborative startup environment where you will certainly be able to make an impact, as we aim to build the best penetration testing as a service platform.
You Must Have
- 4+ years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience working with microservices architecture, distributed systems, RESTful APIs, and relational databases
- Experience with continuous deployment processes
- Experience participating in agile and test driven development models.
- Knowledge of application architecture, networking, security, reliability, and scalability concepts.
- Good organization skills, excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Comfortable working in distributed environment
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes, GCP or other cloud infrastructure, and/or a JVM language is a big plus.
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry
- Competitive compensation & attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time-off & travel policies
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future (US only)
- Medical, dental, and life insurance benefits (US only