Sr. Engineer - Consul Cloud
United States (Remote)
Consul helps organizations automate network configurations, discover services, and enable secure connectivity across any cloud or runtime. We recently launched Hashicorp Consul Service on Azure, a fully managed application available through the Azure marketplace. We’ve also announced the availability of Consul on AWS through our flagship HashiCorp Cloud Platform (HCP), a self-service, fully managed platform offering HashiCorp products as a service to automate infrastructure on any cloud.
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
About the Role
You’ll be part of a team that owns the set of microservices that run Consul as a service on various clouds, including Hashicorp Consul Service on Azure, and HCP Consul on AWS. We have interesting technical challenges to solve around scaling, upgrade automation, identity management and more.
In this role you can expect to:
- Program mostly in Go, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
- Work on next-generation distributed systems for infrastructure management
- Own the full lifecycle of feature development from design through testing and release
- Advocate for improvements to Consul driven by the needs of users consuming it as a fully managed service.
- Working with design, product management and other stakeholders to improve user experience for Cloud Consul. Our focus is to reduce the time to value for users when getting started with Consul as a service on any cloud.
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- Experience in a lower-level language like Go.
- You are familiar with micro-services architectures, and ideally have seen them in operation at a global scale
- You have prior experience working in high performance or distributed systems;
- You’ve been responsible for production services in the past and have a deep understanding of delivering software at scale, and maintaining operational excellence.
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions in complex systems
- You have built or operated a large scale Cloud service
- You have expertise in one or more of the major public clouds: AWS, Azure, GCP
In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.