Engineering Manager - Infrastructure
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space, and money. Swvl became the first 1.5 billion unicorn in the Middle East to list on NASDAQ and is currently the 2nd best-funded startup in the MENA region. With a presence and operations in up to 22 countries worldwide and a vision to be active on 6 continents. Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change. We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Engineer to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability and continued development.
About the Job
Infrastructure team at Swvl provides the company with the fundamental capabilities and systems for the cloud providers on which all of our products run. Our priorities are to continuously improve our reliability and security while addressing the challenges of scale and engineering velocity. All of these are important components to be the success of our products.
We are seeking an Engineering Manager in Infrastructure who will lead and grow a team of talented engineers that manages our cloud infrastructure.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead, manage and grow a team of infrastructure engineers in automating, streamlining and scaling our cloud infrastructure.
- Guide the team through solving complex infrastructure challenges.
- Build strong relationship with other engineering managers in SRE and Product engineering. Partner with them to create and execute on the roadmap of our cloud infrastructure.
- Drive technical decisions and initiatives to streamline our cloud infrastructure operations, security, and efficiency.
- Promote a culture of resilience, learning, production readiness and ownership.
- Passionate about infrastructure, cloud platforms and automation.
- Experience in managing, organizing and prioritizing multiple projects and workstreams.
- Experience in growing and mentoring engineers.
- Passionate about recruiting and growing diverse teams of engineers.
- 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager to Lead in a similar related role.
What We Offer
- Great opportunity to be part of a start-up with a lot of responsibility and independence early on and where you will have an impact on the entire business
- Attractive compensation package
- Access to Udemy for learning and development
Our Ways of Working
- Remote and sync work, work from anywhere in the world
- Product first mindset
- The best idea wins; we’re all ears when it comes to ways to do things better
Our Technology Stack
- For backend, we build in Node.js, go-lang, and typescript
- For the frontend, we build using Node.js and react
- For mobile, we use Swift and Kotlin
- We use AWS and GCP for cloud services
- We manage our infrastructure with Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm, Istio, Vault, Docker, ArgoCD and DataDog
- For persistence, we are mostly using MongoDB & SQL databases
If you feel you don’t have the full experience we’re looking for but feel you could be a fit, are willing to learn, do apply anyway. We are building a diverse and inclusive team.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Remote Java-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs