San Francisco / Las Vegas / Remote
Remind is a communication platform that helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With nearly 30 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
About this role:
The Remind Engineering Team tackles hard and interesting technical challenges, embodies our value of finding a way, and open-sources projects like Empire and stacker. The main tools we use in our backend include Go, Ruby, Typescript, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, and many AWS services (DynamoDB, RDS, ECS, Aurora, Lambda, SNS, SQS, and more). Our iOS client is written primarily in Swift, interfaces with our backend via GraphQL, and persists local data using Realm.
Our investors include First Round Capital, GSV, Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers, and Social Capital, and we want you to join us.
Some of the projects that iOS engineers at Remind have worked on this year:
- Migrated a substantial amount of our Objective-C code to Swift, bringing our project to more than 70% Swift.
- Rebuilt our user onboarding system for greater stability, readability, and flexibility.
- Improved our in house GraphQL client and code generator, moving us closer to open-sourcing those tools.
- Automated our deploy pipeline with Fastlane and CircleCI to minimize the effort required to ship new versions.
- Worked with our design team to create and implement a Design Language System to make building new features faster, easier, and more consistent.
- Achieved and maintained a 99.99% crash-free rate by embracing immutability through GraphQL and lightweight MVVM patterns.
What will be critical to your success as an iOS engineer at Remind:
- Others enjoy working with you because of your positive attitude and technical competence.
- You have shipped a production app to the App Store as part of a team.
- You enjoy tackling interesting, complex problems and seeing them through to DONE.
- You collaborate effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to break down product requirements and maintain visibility on projects.
- You write clean, readable code and have significant experience with Swift and Objective-C.
- You understand the importance of writing pragmatic, comprehensive unit tests.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Parental leave
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.