Sr Software Engineer (Ruby & React) - Clean Energy provider
Remote, anywhere in LATAM
The client is a leader in the United States retail energy business, with offices in Santa Monica and Philadelphia. They are is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the consumer application team team, responsible for building backend services, API design and mobile and web experiences that focus on delivering customer value. Reporting to the Director of Product, you will be a key decision-maker in the technical approach, architecture and implement resilient, highly available systems. You will be an advocate, and a champion, for best practices across the organization and within the existing team, as well as partner closely with Product and Design to deliver features in a world-class consumer-facing application.
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing parts of our consumer application.
- Leverage 3rd party APIs to build core experiences around payment gateways, consumer and industry data as well as connecting into our internal APIs.
- You will ship high quality, scalable and robust solutions with a sense of urgency.
- You will have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives.
- Be part of the Product team to collaborate early and often to deliver the right value / effort tradeoff.
- Deliver our initial consumer web and mobile experience applications.
- Continue to improve and scale the initial applications for national growth
- Build integrations for strategic utility providers
- Design and implement billing and payment capabilities
- 5+ years of professional experience building building web apps, APIs, evented/queued systems, and other business related systems.
- Experience with Ruby.
- Strong understanding of HTTP, REST standards, backward compatibility, and other best practices for building consumer APIs.
- Experience with web scraping technology, such as puppeteer (nice to have).
- Experience with databases and ORMs specifically Postgres, Snowflake (nice to have).
- Payment in USD
- Free credentials for e-learning platforms
- Remote workshops & activities