NuminusNuminus Health combines the practices of administering psychedelic medicine with holistic, integrated psychotherapy. Begin your healing journey today.
Numinus Wellness (TSX: NUMI) helps people to heal and be well through the development and delivery of innovative mental health care and access to safe, evidence-based psychedelic-assisted therapies. The Numinus model - including psychedelic production, research, and clinic care - is at the forefront of a transformation aimed at healing rather than managing symptoms for depression, anxiety, trauma, pain and substance use. At Numinus, we are leading the integration of psychedelic-assisted therapies into mainstream clinical practice and building the foundation for a healthier society.
Our North Star
Be the most trusted brand in the psychedelic space.
We are bringing transformative healing to communities through innovative therapies backed by science and scalable operations.
A world where everyone feels connected and whole.
- Be in service to self and others
- Build something that captures our collective ideals
- Be dedicated to the art and the science
- Have courage to do the right thing
Numinus is looking for a General Counsel to join our growing team. In-House Legal Counsel will be responsible for providing expert counsel on a wide array of legal issues directly pertaining to the organization and the industry in which it operates. He or she will provide expert guidance and opinions on operational and employment practices and will ensure compliance with all applicable government legislation. He or she will advise and act as an advocate for the organization and will provide legal representation for the organization as required. In-House Legal Counsel will further be responsible for the review and preparation of all legal and corporate documentation, communications, press releases, media materials and other applicable legal and non-legal documents.
- Provide legal services to the organization while ensuring compliance to applicable legislation and undertaking risk management.
- Draft and review legal and corporate documents, corporate communications, advertising, press releases, marketing materials and other applicable legal and non-legal documents.
- Provide legal advice and counsel for the various aspects of the organization's operations as required.
- Provide representation as required at law hearings and other judicial proceedings.
- Keep abreast of changes in applicable legislation pertaining to industry and employment, providing report as necessary.
- Ensure all policies and documentation are fully compliant under applicable legislation.
- Conduct legal research and prepare reports and presentations as requested.
- Field all legal and compliance inquiries from key stakeholders.
- Address and identify internal areas of concern, endeavoring to provide resolution so as to not progress to a legal matter.
- Liaise regularly with department heads and various stakeholders to ensure operational compliance.
- Participate in organizational negotiation and mediation as required.
- Provide counsel with regards to negotiations and contracts.
- Oversee Risk Management activities.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- Must be licensed to practice law in at least one Provincial jurisdiction in Canada
- 7 years of direct work experience in Law, In-House Legal Counsel for a large organization preferred.
- Strong knowledge of legal concepts, principles, and terminology.
- Thorough understanding of the industry and applicable legislation.
- Strong understanding of legal reference materials, procedures, and legal filing systems.
- Strong presentation and public speaking abilities.
- Critical thinking, analysis, and research skills are essential.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply legal documentation, laws, or legislation.
- Strong sense of ethics and the ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion, knowledge of data privacy laws.
- Superior interpersonal skills to interact with clients, attorneys, coworkers, and external agencies.
- Demonstrated research skills.
- Superior time management skills, multi-tasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and diplomacy.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is critical
At Numinus, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our ultimate purpose of delivering the highest quality outcomes to the people we serve. Our culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
Pursuant to Section 41 in the BC Human Rights Code, preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous ancestry (First Nations, Métis or Inuit)
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
Other jobs like this
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
Find open roles in Engineering, Design, Data, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support and more, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Remote Senior Data Scientist jobs
- Remote Technical Writer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Recruiting Coordinator jobs
- Remote Recruiter jobs
- Remote Technical Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Business Analyst jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Salesforce Administrator jobs
- Remote Frontend Engineer jobs
- Remote Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Backend Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Marketing Operations Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Software Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Customer service-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote FinTech-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Financial services-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs