Remote DevOps Consultant
Remote United States
Our Customers Develop Software at the Speed of Ideas
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and application release automation (ARA) powerhouse built from the commercial success of its products and its open source leadership as the largest contributor to Jenkins and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). With a globally distributed workforce of more than 500 employees, the company reflects the global nature of the DevOps movement. We believe in walking the talk! From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
CloudBees is home to the world’s leading DevOps experts helping thousands of companies harness the power of “continuous everything” and putting them on the fastest path from great idea, to great software, to great business value.
As a DevOps Consultant, you will be the primary operational point of contact for one or more enterprise customers, helping to plan, review, and monitor ongoing operations of our customers Continuous Delivery pipeline. You will leverage your broad experience, troubleshooting application and architectural challenges to support our customers. You will work across customer organizations to ensure customers’ Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) solution is well designed and scalable to their needs. In this role, you will also act as the voice of the customer within CloudBees to escalate problems and to drive prioritization of business needs for our customers.
What You'll Do
- Champion and advocate for enterprise customers within CloudBees (be their voice)
- Solve technical issues and work directly with CloudBees engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
- Participate in deep architectural discussions, calling on CloudBees subject matter experts as needed, to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment
- Help enterprise customers define IT and business processes that work well with CI/CD deployments
- Engage with Director and C-Level executives to translate business needs into technical and operational plans
- Provide detailed reviews of service metrics to customer leadership
What The Role Requires
- Jenkins CI experience required
- 5+ years in a DevOps, Release Engineering, or Software Engineering role
- Willingness to learn Docker and MicroServices
- Experience managing large scale environments including escalations, incident, problem, and service availability
- Customer-facing experience as a technical lead
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Presentation skills; high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
- Software design, development and deployment
- Occasional travel to visit your customers
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Industry Certifications
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.