Elastic is a search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
About this role
At Elastic, we believe good documentation is necessary but can be difficult to get right. Over the years our products have grown in complexity, and our layers of documentation have grown just as much. We are looking for an engineer to take charge of and unify these systems, so they can continue to support users and developers. This cross-functional role will interact with engineers, designers, infrastructure, and product managers to build and orchestrate our documentation system.
What you will be doing
- Understand our existing system for authoring and deploying documentation
- Collaborate with other teams to gather requirements and learn their needs
- Help construct and maintain a user-centric platform to fulfill those requirements
Skills & Requirements
- Experience with a second programming language such as Java or Python
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience deploying front-end applications
- Open Source experience
- Working experience with Asciidoc, Restructed Text, or Markdown transpiling
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.