Science Writing Editor
Great MindsGreat Minds is an organization founded in 2007 by teachers and scholars who want to ensure that all students receive a content-rich education.
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Science Writing Editor to join our dynamic, dedicated science team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Science Writing Editor supports the PhD Science program in its mission to provide accessible, Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) aligned science curricular materials to schools across the nation. The Science Writing Editor ensures that all PhD Science content meets our quality standards for clarity, voice, and tone. A successful Science Writing Editor demonstrates exceptional command of the English language, familiarity with scientific concepts, strong communication skills, attention to detail, and a collaborative spirit.
The Science Writing Editor is responsible for the following tasks, in addition to other tasks that directly support and ensure the success of the PhD Science program:
- revising content for consistency, style, clarity, language precision, and readability;
- fact checking general information and compiling citations for products;
- ensuring content meets the Great Minds® Editorial Style Guide, the PhD Science Style Guide, and Chicago Manual of Style;
- collaborating with members of the science team, including content developers, science content editors, and project managers; and
- completing work in a timely manner to meet an agreed-upon deadline.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree, in English, journalism, communications, or one of the sciences
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a writer or editor of science curricula or other scientific publications
- Experience in education or educational publishing a plus
- Familiarity with the NGSS required
- Experience writing or editing professional development materials
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Reader
- Superior technical writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style
- Experience editing for Kindergarten through Grade 8 reading and comprehension a plus
- Meticulous approach to work while maintaining a global perspective
- Ability to adapt to the organization’s editorial style, voice, and tone
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines while maintaining the quality of the product
- Ability to follow explicit instructions consistently but also to exercise good judgment when making decisions
- Ability to quickly learn and master new technologies and processes
- Ability to positively receive and implement constructive feedback
- Ability to collaborate effectively with peers
- Availability to travel for work-related commitments a plus
- Bachelors degree
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. For residents of the State of Colorado the expected salary range for this position is $38,437 - $43,890. This range may vary above and below the expected amounts in the State of Colorado. In addition to the Company's benefit offerings, the position may be eligible for additional annual incentives at the Company's discretion. Any offered salary and other incentives are based on market data, applicant skills and relevant experience, degrees, certifications and internal equity considerations.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Senior Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Account Executive jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs