Junior Developer (Ruby on Rails)
Did you know that the printing industry is one of the biggest industries on the planet? Nevertheless, it faces a lot of challenges when it comes to collaboration and process digitisation. We are Zaikio and we're currently building a sophisticated software platform for this industry to solve the problem. Our vision is to create a place where all print related processes world-wide run on a centralised industry platform. From designers and publishers to printers and machines to trucks and logistics – it's truly holistic.
We design and build the foundation services for this platform, as well as documentation and developer resources. Our responsibilities include process design, product design, UI/UX, implementation and operations as well as marketing and general strategy.
All of this is backed by Heidelberg Druckmaschinen AG, the biggest print equipment manufacturer in the world, with more than 100 years of history. Heidelberg has acquired us (called Crispy Mountain back then), in order to combine the excitement of a young and agile team with the knowledge and tradition of one of the oldest brands in print. Together we will tackle the incredibly exciting mission ahead.
What will you be doing?
It will be your job to implement parts of the foundation services we talked about earlier. Since we build a "macro"-services (somewhere between die-hard micro service and monolith) architecture, there are many interesting independent projects to choose from. You would work on one of these projects together with a dedicated team of skilled developers and designers, that will help you grow.
What are the tools of choice?
We live a No-bullshit-approach. Our main objective is to build and ship stable applications, that solve real-world problems for our users. We are using tools, libraries and technologies where and when it makes sense. We don't use stuff just for the sake of using it. Productivity and reliability is key. We use tools that fit the task, and are not bound by ideologies.
How do we manage ourselves?
We highly believe in self-organized teams. Usually a team consists of 1 to 4 UX designers, developers and product managers. To get things done, we work in loosely defined sprints, with the ultimate goal to ship something in the end. This can be a feature, a product or just a part of it.
What we have to offer
✌️ Bullshit-free zone
Our challenge is a big one: we are tasked with building a platform that will change the face of an entire industry. Forever. We don't solve Silicon Valley-style self-made, first-world problems – we want to fix actual software problems in the printing industry, freeing the people working there from stupid, repetitive, cognitive assembly line work and allow them to rediscover their creativity.
💰 Above-average salary
We pay above-average salaries that are linked to your experience and responsibility and grow with you. All based on a simple and fair level-based salary model.
❤️ Family First
We’re trying hard to provide you with a healthy and family friendly environment. Results matter, not office hours. That’s why we encourage remote work and quality time that you can spend with your loved ones.
👩🚀 Freedom and Opportunities
You will enjoy a great deal of freedom in your work (which can also be a burden). Not gonna lie, we are a small team at this point, which will grow over time (again not explosively, but sustainably), so at first your job will be hands-on, while in the future it can shift more towards project lead and management (if this is your desire). Either way, your work will have an impact on our success!
Apply below and tell us a bit about yourself and the work you’ve done so far. We also expect you to get familiar with our philosophy and tell us how you can enrich our team.
Please give us some time to review your application, we’ll definitely come back to you as soon as possible. After our initial review, we might conduct a short phone interview to get to know you better. Following that, a personal meeting or online conference will be the next step, where we talk about code and product development.
We at Zaikio highly value equality and diversity, thus strongly encourage women and underrepresented minorities to apply for this position. The only constraint at this moment is, that we we need to focus on applicants that already live and work in Germany.
Now it’s your turn! We look forward hearing from you!
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Senior Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Account Executive jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs