Senior Human Genomics Scientist
Nostos GenomicsOur genetic variant interpretation platform enables genetic testing labs to give more people with genetic diseases a clear and fast diagnosis.
We are a venture-backed health tech startup supported by leading investors and scientists on a mission to improve the lives of the 400 million people around the world who suffer from genetic diseases. The platform we have developed uses artificial intelligence and synthetic biology to decipher how changes in the DNA of humans lead to disease. Through this platform, we enable genetic testing labs to provide clear and fast diagnoses to more patients.
For this, we've gathered one of the best teams of experts in genetic data, machine learning, and business development. Our people aren't just part of a team, they're part of something bigger. As a community of creative thinkers and doers, we're paving the way for a new generation of genetic healthcare. Our people are what make us great. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We are looking for a Senior Human Genomics Scientist to own one of our genomic data science workstreams. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of bioinformatics pipelines to improve the clinical interpretation of variants through our platform. You will be embedded in our Computational Genomics team and will be working closely together with our Machine Learning, Product and Software teams to ensure a strong competitive edge and highly innovative development of our product. The ability to lead the project and work collaboratively with a hands-on mentality are expected from this role.
We foster a flexible work environment and encourage applications from candidates that are either based in Berlin or would work remotely with a willingness to travel to Berlin occasionally.
Post-doctorate or equivalent work experience in human genetics, bioinformatics, computational biology, molecular biology or related discipline with a focus on human genetics.
Experience analysing human exome, genome or transcriptome datasets, especially linking molecular alterations to clinical phenotypes.
Solid working knowledge of the latest tools, software and reference databases for clinical NGS analysis.
Intermediate to advanced programming skills in Python and bash.
Proven track record of developing custom algorithms for NGS analysis.
Ability to work independently, take ownership and responsibility as well as find pragmatic solutions to potentially complex problems.
Ability to communicate effectively in English within a multidisciplinary team
Highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, diverse and collaborative environment
Willingness to learn and openness to feedback
Experience with version control (e.g. git)
Experience with High-Performance Computing (HPC)
What we value in our team
Our team reflects the interdisciplinary collaboration required to solve this big challenge – ranging from software and data science to genetics and healthcare. We are a proudly diverse, international group of creative problem-solvers and humble learners that care about having a positive impact on society and are also aware of the trust placed in us. This is why we value transparency and kindness, taking ownership and we encouraging your personal growth:
Develop your personal skills and knowledge with resources like books and courses to learn continuously
Dynamic and flexible work environment that you can design (incl. remote work options)
Participate in our success with equity options
Possibility to grow with the company and influence our direction
Regular social activities: participate only if you feel like it
Additionally, we offer good coffee, a selection of healthy snacks and company-subsidized public transport in our Berlin-based offices
We see diversity as a core feature of our team and we encourage you to apply especially if you are from an underrepresented group.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Recruiter jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Product Designer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs