You will ship robust and high-performance code, are passionate, and act as a fount of knowledge when it comes to game development. As part of a small, experienced and dynamic team you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment.
**Qualified applicants will be expected to complete a coding test.
**This is a full-time, permanent position. Please apply only if you have the right to work in Canada. We do not relocate / offer visa sponsorship for this position.
**Due to indeterminate circumstances of COVID-19, this position will initially be done remotely.
- Implement, maintain and optimize existing and new game features
- Write robust code to be used by millions of monthly users
- Work on schedule, set clear goals
- Independently create complete solutions from scratch
- Share knowledge and help colleagues
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Great passion for game programming
- Shipped at least one HTML5 game in PixiJS or Phaser
- Knowledge of:
- Typescript or ES6 another language with static typing
- Pixi.js or Phaser
- Profiling and optimising game and engine code
- Experiences with build systems (e.g. Webpack or gulp) & Node.js
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code
- Deliver high-quality and well-structured code
- Open-minded and keen to learn
- Superior written and verbal communications skills in English
- Check out Garden Tales on Facebook. Can you build this game?
- A spirited, inspiring, international and enthusiastic team
- The best and brightest company in producing and distributing HTML5 Games
- The chance to craft games for millions of monthly gamers
- Valuable insights into global expansion, start-up scene and entrepreneurship
- Flexible working-hours, remote work and flat company hierarchy
With offices in Berlin, Germany and Toronto, ON, Canada, SOFTGAMES is a leading developer of the most popular Messenger Games with tens of million users every month. Our vision is to help users to instantly play great games with their friends, while helping brands to reach their target audiences. To-date, more than 100 MM people have played our games on Facebook, including Cookie Crush, Solitaire Story, Space Invaders, Fish Story, Bubble Shooter or Candy Rain.
Have we caught your interest? Then we look forward to your detailed application together with your salary expectations and earliest possible start date.