Software Program Manager
Software Program Manager
Invitae is a rapidly growing, technology-driven company. Our mission is to empower doctors and patients to use genetic information to make informed medical decisions at all life stages. We are working to build a genomics testing platform covering all areas of human health. To realize this vision we are constantly expanding our platform capabilities.
The program manager for our internal genomic catalog management system plays a key role in driving expansion of our genetic testing platform capabilities. You will work with teams across the company to plan, build and optimize software solutions that work seamlessly to deliver genomic insight to patients at scale.
What you’ll do:
- Provide keystone support to a team delivering impactful software by defining and clarifying core requirements, managing inter-team coordination, and providing vision to the team.
- Deliver core platform capabilities by working in close collaboration with other program managers, software engineers, bioinformaticians, clinical scientists, and commercial stakeholders to ensure our platform meets the needs of our current and future patients and clinicians.
- Build capabilities that can scale to serve millions of patients a year.
- Add to Invitae’s culture.
What you bring:
- Proven track record of successful software project management / agile product ownership of data intensive large-scale software systems, with 2+ years experience delivering internally developed software solutions with multiple system dependencies.
- Demonstrated ability to identify development program bottlenecks, find creative solutions and relentlessly push implementation forward.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse team while effectively balancing multiple priorities.
- A desire to solve hard problems in a fast-paced environment.
- A background in genetics or molecular biology (e.g., Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree), or relevant experience in genomic platforms.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.