Remote - Canada
ATB FinancialBig life events can trigger big banking changes. Whether you’re starting university or planning your retirement, we’ve made it easy to find the accounts and resources you need.
ATB Ventures: Putting the future in the hands of our customers
An extension of ATB Financial, ATB Ventures was started back in 2018, knowing that the convergence of data with powerful emerging technologies such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, and machine learning would pave the way for major disruption and value creation that exceeded the digital transformation of the past 20 years.
ATB Ventures is a team of engineers, data scientists, product managers, and business operators who having been building emerging solutions from scratch - including Open ATB> Open AI, Open Data, API Sandbox, Oliu (Self-Sovereign Digital ID platform), Proof (Digital credential wallet) and more. .
About the role | What we are looking for...
ATB Ventures is looking for a QA Manager to join our Engineering team. In this role, you will leverage leading edge technologies and enable our talented team of engineers to bring our products to customers. You will focus on test automation, exploratory testing, and apply best practices in continuous development-continuous integration (CI CD) to deliver uncompromising high quality software, while keeping ahead of a fast-pace engineering team.
You will build and scale a team of QA developers, and work with engineer managers to continuously deliver high quality software products and releases. You have a deep understanding of test automation, exploratory testing, load testing, and users acceptance testing. You are passionate about team collaboration, talent development, and continuous improvement.
Summary of responsibilities | What you will be responsible for day-to-day...
- Build, lead, motivate, mentor, and inspire a team of talented QA engineers - support the ongoing learning and development of your team members.
- Collaborate with the team to plan, organize and execute on testing end-to-end features across cloud, mobile and web infrastructures. Work with the team to explore new ideas through experimentation, prototypes and fast feedback
- Lead the team in test automation, load testing simulation, exploratory testing, and other activities to promote mastery of quality software engineering practices. Ensure excellence in how we capture, track, triage, and prioritize defects.
- Participate in test execution and testing effort, in conjunction with release support and continuous improvement for future releases.
- Focus on open standards and open source before seeking a proprietary solution to a problem
- Live, breathe, and work in the Cloud
- Utilize Scrum and other Agile methodologies to complete tasks and accomplish workflows.
- Coach team members to establish shared OKRs, KPIs, and milestones to hold both individuals and teams accountable and responsible for excellence.
- As a teammate at ATB Financial, you will agree to uphold our values and Code of Conduct
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Science or related field at an accredited college or university.
- 3+ years of experience managing QA or software development teams.
- 5+ years of experience as a QA professional including a strong hands-on background in automation, tools, and related technologies.
- Experience testing APIs (frontend and backend)
- Experience in mobile app testing (cross platform)
- Experience in CI/CD practices
- Demonstrable understanding fundamental design principles and patterns behind scalable, clean architectures
- Experience scaling up your teams including being involved in recruiting, interviewing, onboarding, training, mentoring and more.
- Organized planners with high attention to detail;
- Self-starter, with the ability to establish OKRs, KPIs, milestones and keep projects on task and strong strategic thinking skills
- Empathetic, relatable, responsible
- Work in an agile environment with various stakeholders to iterate on value propositions for product development
- Bonus points if you’ve built a startup, can demonstrate your unique contributions to open source projects and/or have experience with human interface/human UX
Create the future: ATB Ventures offers a unique opportunity for creatives, innovators, and engineers alike to invent - and reinvent - how we experience technology. It provides the ability to work on a talented, anti-disciplinary team that rapidly experiments with ideas, products and technologies whilst being immersed in a culture that brings the best of both the banking and start-up worlds. Imagine excellent benefits, banking perks, opportunities for career advancement, and being at the forefront of the future – now you’re talking about a career with an organization and team that enables you to grow.
As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working not only for Albertans, but the world.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Recruiter jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Product Designer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs