Software Engineer Manager
Remote - Canada
ATB FinancialBig life events can trigger big banking changes. Whether you’re starting university or planning your retirement, we’ve made it easy to find the accounts and resources you need.
ATB Ventures: Putting the future in the hands of our customers
ATB Ventures is a team of engineers, data scientists, product managers, and business operators who having been building emerging solutions from scratch - including Open ATB> Open AI, Open Data, API Sandbox, Oliu (Self-Sovereign Digital ID platform), Proof (Digital credential wallet) and more. .
About the role | What we are looking for...
ATB Ventures is looking for a Software Engineer Manager to join our Engineering team and architect the customer experience for our MVP products. In this role, you will leverage leading edge technologies and enable our talented
team of engineers to bring our ideas to life. You wear many hats with ease and continuously draw on both the breadth and depth of your expertise to experiment and develop meaningful solutions for the customers of tomorrow.
You are an analytical thinker and enjoy working with deep tech, microservice architectures, serverless code, cloud-native software, and other cutting edge technologies. You have a deep understanding of fundamental architectural and coding design patterns and principles and evangelize their benefits with the Engineering team, while rolling up your sleeves to lead by example.ATB Ventures: Putting the future in the hands of our customers
An extension of ATB Financial, ATB Ventures was started back in 2018, knowing that the convergence of data with powerful emerging technologies such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, and machine learning would pave the way for major disruption and value creation that exceeded the digital transformation of the past 20 years.
Summary of responsibilities | What you will be responsible for day-to-day...
- Lead a multidisciplinary engineering team to research and develop products
- Lead, motivate, mentor, and inspire a team of talented engineers - support the ongoing learning and development of your team members
- Collaborate with the team to develop end-to-end features across cloud, mobile and web infrastructures
- Continually analyze code for anti-patterns, coach, and improve upon fundamental coding principles and patterns across the engineering team
- Participate in code reviews, pair-programming, and other activities to promote mastery of software engineering practices
- Work with the team to explore new ideas through experimentation, prototypes and fast feedback
- Focus on open standards and open source before seeking a proprietary solution to a problem
- Live, breathe, and work in the Cloud
- Utilize Scrum and other Agile methodologies to complete tasks and accomplish workflows.
- Participate as an Agile coach to lead team activities
- As a teammate at ATB Financial, you will agree to uphold our values and Code of Conduct.
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Science or related field at an accredited college or university.
- 4+ years of experience in architecting and developing scalable, responsive front-end/UI frameworks and/or API platforms.
- Demonstrable understanding fundamental design principles and patterns behind scalable, clean architectures
- Experience designing, building, and consuming APIs using REST, GraphQL, websockets, or webhooks, etc.
- Extensive experience creating testable code, unit and integration test suites, and integrating automated testing platforms
- Experience with enterprise CI/CD and DevOps concepts and technologies
- Experience with Docker, Google Cloud Platform, and microservice architectures is preferred.
- Experience with relational as well as non-relational data stores, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, etc.
- Has mentored and supported the technical growth of engineers / developers in the past.
- Self-starter, with the ability to establish OKRs, KPIs, milestones and keep projects on task and strong strategic thinking skills
- Empathetic, relatable, responsible
- Work in an agile environment with various stakeholders to iterate on value propositions for product development
- Bonus points if you’ve built a startup, can demonstrate your unique contributions to open source projects and/or have experience with human interface/human UX
Create the future: ATB Ventures offers a unique opportunity for creatives, innovators, and engineers alike to invent - and reinvent - how we experience technology. It provides the ability to work on a talented, anti-disciplinary team that rapidly experiments with ideas, products and technologies whilst being immersed in a culture that brings the best of both the banking and start-up worlds. Imagine excellent benefits, banking perks, opportunities for career advancement, and being at the forefront of the future – now you’re talking about a career with an organization and team that enables you to grow.As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working not only for Albertans, but the world.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Senior Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Account Executive jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs