Junior Site Reliability / Devops Engineer
Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Junior Site Reliability / Devops Engineer to join our global Client Infrastructure team. We are in an exciting time as we transition our game-changing legal software to a highly scalable container-based platform, from the existing monolith Infrastructure-as-Code AWS implementation - designed to match our growth plans as we expand our market.
The environment you would be required to support is a container-based platform designed for scalability, security, and reliability, deployed to AWS across multiple regions.
Working in the Client Infrastructure team you would ensure the success of our product and provide engineering support and escalation for our Product Support team. As a junior position, you will be provided with training, essential resources, and opportunities to enhance your skills to become a pivotal member of the global Client Infrastructure team.Technologies
- Amazon Web Services - certification preferred, equivalent knowledge proven is sufficient.
- Underpinning of Linux (RHEL or Debian-base) administration, LPIC / RHCSA certification favourable.
- Good BASH scripting skills.
- Application and infrastructure networking skills in AWS - Subnetting, VLANs, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, TLS, HTTPS, etc.
- Working knowledge with Hashicorp tools - Terraform, Vault, Consul - AWS preferred, Azure / GCP.
- Familiar with release and deployment, versioning, change mgmt., etc. processes.
- GIT version control in-depth experience, preferred experience with Github Enterprise Server.
- Experience with container administration (K8S, Docker, Swarm, etc.) extremely advantageous.
- Experience with HA AWS setups, multi-region or multi-cloud.
- Experience in SysOps roles (monitoring, alerting, backup & recovery, DR-testing, etc.).
- GitHub Cloud experience and GitHub Actions / Packages knowledge advantageous.
- Understanding of Continuous Deployment tools.
- Automation and config. management experience.
- Our ideal candidate is organised, with excellent communication skills.
- Able to manage your own time effectively.
- Eager to learn.
- Should be able to adapt to resolve issues under pressure.
- Familiar with Scrum / Agile methodologies is a bonus, but you will have previously worked in a fast-paced engineering role. At Opus 2 We always strive for excellence, and it is important that you do too.
Working at Opus 2
Opus 2 is a global leader in the LegalTech space, creating solutions to drive digital transformation in the legal industry. We are the trusted partner of the world’s leading legal teams, with 49 out of 50 of the world’s largest law firms are using Opus 2.
Our achievements are underpinned by our unique culture and our people are our biggest asset. Working at Opus 2, you’ll receive:
- Contributory pension plan.
- 26 days annual holidays, flexible working and length of service entitlement.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Calm and Mindfulness sessions.
- Perkbox scheme.
- A day of leave to volunteer for charity and an active CSR team raising money towards a company charity.
- Accessible and modern office spaces fully kitted out with Table Tennis and regular company social events
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Senior Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Account Executive jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs