Real Estate Paralegal
Remote - US
TwilioWith Twilio, unite communications and strengthen customer relationships across your business – from marketing and sales to customer service and operations.
Join the team as our next Paralegal, Commercial (Global Real Estate and Marketing)Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
This position is needed to provide legal support during the pacific time zone to our Commercial Legal Team in connection with global commercial real estate and marketing matters in support of business development.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with internal and outside legal counsel to review, draft and negotiate agreements, including leases, subleases, landlord consents, membership agreements, lease assignments, access agreements, sponsorship agreements, marketing collaboration agreements, video release and consent agreements, speaker release agreements and other legal agreements and documents.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including finance and insurance teams, to procure feedback and/or approval of related contract terms.
- Facilitate contract execution, record summaries of key terms, onboard law firms, provide status updates, consolidate redlines, identify issues for other stakeholders, draft escalation requests, archive agreements, and collaborate with insurance teams on maintenance of policies for real estate.
- Process Improvements:
- Develop and implement processes for efficient and streamlined operations, create and maintain a library of forms and other resources for fast and efficient document creation; prepare a legal real estate deal playbook; support internal clients with legal workflows for marketing agreements globally.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a Paralegal or Legal Specialist, preferably at an in-house legal department.
- Proficiency and high aptitude with software and computer skills, such as MS Office suite (including formatting), GSuite, DocuSign, Adobe Acrobat, internal ticketing system(s), such as JIRA.
- A sense of humor, strong attention to detail, an ability to work effectively and flexibly in a team environment.
- Proactive, problem-solving attitude, and strong work ethic without extensive supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills - ability to effectively and efficiently manage numerous projects under time-sensitive deadlines, e.g., ability to review and organize numerous documents in complex legal matters for feedback, escalations, approvals, signature, etc.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with an ability to listen attentively and communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization.
- Experience maintaining legal documents and databases and working on commercial real estate matters is a must!
- Experience negotiating and/or managing non-real estate commercial agreements, such as marketing agreements in support of business development.
This role will be remote, and based in the US
Approximately no travel is anticipated.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $65,576.00 - $93,680.00
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote Senior Recruiter jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Account Executive jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs