Senior Manager, Global People Operations
Remote - US
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
The People team at Twilio is rapidly expanding to support the company’s exponential growth. This role offers local and international exposure in an exciting, fast paced environment. Twilio’s People Operations is focused on optimizing, globalizing and taking on new employee services higher up the HR services value chain. This role will leave a team of People Operations Specialists globally, and will need to maintain comprehensive knowledge of HR programs, plans, policies, and processes, as well as HR systems. The People Operations team is responsible for answering general employee HR questions, resolving people-related issues, executing on HR policies, and ensuring exceptional customer service.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Global People Operations who lives the Twilio Magic and is excited to lead our Operations function with exceptional HR service to employees and managers globally. You are strategy driven, with an execution mindset and also has:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 12+ years professional HR experience, including 5+ years of experience leading a team
- Experience leading a global People Operations team and successful track record of executing in a Shared Service Model. Prior involvement with design and implementation of a Shared Services model preferred.
- Ability to thrive working in a fast paced, dynamic environment, managing multiple priorities while keeping attention to detail, identifying and resolving complex issues, and the ability to take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
- Deep HR functional expertise; knowledgeable on employment law matters, employment legislation, and compliance management.
- Ability to build effective work relationships at all levels of the organization, and partner cross-functionally to influence behavior change and collaboration.
- Comfortable as a hands-on manager; willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, ability to navigate in complexity while developing and managing People Ops policies and practices for a global workforce
- Deep knowledge of Case Management and HRIS systems (JIRA, Workday and ServiceNow)
- Experience managing clients and delivering HR services including mitigating challenges, balancing compliance and client needs and able to juggle short-term requests with long-term priorities and goals.
As the Senior Manager, Global People Operations, you will live the Twilio Magic Values by:
- DRAW THE OWL: You will be instrumental in building out the global People Operating Model.
- BE AN OWNER: Create and oversee a global People Operations strategy and team. Ability to set and manage monthly and quarterly KPIs.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Lead and develop a team of HR Operations Specialists dedicated to driving operational initiatives and will serve as the primary contact for support for Twilions globally. Establish operational objectives and work plans, and delegate assignments to subordinates.
- BE BOLD: You, along with your team, will gather and organize feedback to continue to drive process improvement and innovation support.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Partnering closely with internal groups including IT, Finance, and Legal, you will ensure strong customer service, operational excellence, and data integrity.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Deliver consistent, superior customer service to our employees, People team and partners to enable a positive People experience. Provide dedicated support to People leaders in each region and function to prioritize their people initiatives, give input into the design of central people projects, and help execute considering operational nuances of their region.
- NO SHENANIGANS: You and your team will uphold data confidentiality and consistency standards within the system and in communication with employees. Ensure all of People Ops processes and activities are in compliance and kept up-to-date in line with current legislation, including management and maintenance of people data.
The People Team at Twilio is on a mission to provide excellent Human Resources support to Twilions worldwide. You will have an incredible impact on how the company responds to Human Resources inquiries globally.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.