Startup Community Manager
Remote - International
Vonage is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, TikTok, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth. Within this context, a core responsibility of the Vonage Platform and Developer Exerience team is to meet developers where they are. This means engaging, supporting and working within developer communities.
Why this role matters
As a Startup Community Manager within Vonage, you will have the exciting opportunity to shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broaden use of the Vonage APIs within the startup communities globally. Your role will be instrumental in helping make Startups successful as they learn about, evaluate and adopt Vonage products. You will focus on strategic initiatives which will increase the scalability of our operations, drive communication focused on startup engagement and success, and help build the future of the Vonage Startup community. Startup program is part of the Platform and Developer Experience organisation, and we are committed to empowering developers through education, programs and community.
The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of the startup and incubators ecosystem, program management experience, experience leading projects, and have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. He/she should also have the ability to work cross-functionally.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Attend and participate in local meetups to raise awareness of Vonage API Platform
- Represent yourself and Vonage at hackathons, on sponsorship booths, at meetups and conferences and by giving talks
- Build and maintain quick start samples, demos, example apps and other developer productivity tools and enablers
- Build and document open source prototypes to demonstrate using Vonage APIs in conjunction with complementary technologies
- Contribute to and provide feedback on APIs, SDKs, documentation and product functionality through hands-on development, individual opinion, discussions with the developer community and by organising and running beta/alpha programmes
- Write blog posts and tutorials, and use social media in order to share knowledge, request feedback, collaborate and engage with fellow developers
- Provide support via channels such as the Vonage community Slack, Twitter, StackOverflow and GitHub
- Create opportunities for other Vonage employees to engage with developer communities
What you will bring
- Drive program objectives – provide program management and define project plans, manage implementation activities, and develop scalable processes, reports and communications for program/process rollout.
- Be the primary contact for the Startup community and drive success by providing them with resources to support their journey.
- Lead onboarding/training programs
- Partner with the product, sales and marketing teams to organize communications to our startups and partners through various channels
- Contribute to community building initiatives by promoting our Startup ecosystem and engaging with our most active / top Startups that can lead to co-marketing partnerships, content such as success stories, blogs and technical knowledge articles, and contribute to our advocacy efforts
- A strategy to build mind share and broaden use of the Vonage APIs within the startup communities prioritising the key regions
- A package of offering including education and support elements
- Onboarding plan
- Consistent processes, reports, and communications that align with our startups
- Internal communication plan for the program
- The Startup webpage and email comms
- New initiatives to engage the startup community and contribute to their success
What is required for application
- 3+ years of experience in building and managing programs at a software company or at startup accelerators
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong business acumen with ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Empathy is one of your core beliefs. It’s essential on our team and in the communities we serve.
- Understanding of Startup ecosystem and it’s unique challenges.
- Experience building an engaged and active technical/SaaS community.
- Experience creating customer-facing / developer focused content
- Previous experience as an associate at a VC or accelerator
- Demonstrable knowledge of communications technologies
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.