UI Designer - 100% Remote
You’re an experienced UI Designer who loves being part of an awesome creative team where you work collaboratively with our Senior Designers and Head of Product. You’re super curious about how things work and obsessive about making user interactions awesome. This empathy for users and wanting to make things work will be fueled by research-led and user-focused best practices.
You’ll be open minded; sometimes your ideas will go forward and sometimes they will kick-start a conversation leading to a different idea. You’ll also enjoy being the person that pro-actively collaborates with others to help solve problems. Ideally you’ll have worked closely with UX designers, product managers, marketing, engineering and sales teams alike, meticulously creating brilliant interactions and high fidelity prototypes for user testing.
If you’re good at what you do and love doing it - if you want to be a part of something at the beginning of an exciting growth phase, and want to work closely with a passionate team to create better user outcomes, read on!
About the role
Create a product that solves the users’ problems, which are delightfully simple to use, which ultimately drive business goals and product growth. Car & Classic have incredibly ambitious growth plans over the next 18 months and this role will be pivotal in making this happen.
About us www.carandclassic.co.uk
Car & Classic is Europe’s largest specialist vehicle website with 3.8 million unique visitors per month. We have been working tirelessly to improve the experience for all, and our platform is trusted and loved by many.
We have an extraordinary team of car enthusiasts, designers, technologists, and operators, all we are missing is you!
Our aim is to build the largest marketplace for classic and specialist vehicles globally. Our journey is still only getting started and now is your ideal chance to join us as we expand our products and services globally.
Role and responsibilities
- Maintain and evolve the design system, ensuring a consistent visual language across digital touch points that stays ahead of industry trends and elevates the brand while balancing user-centred design principles.
- Work with and contribute to UX thinking, iterating to improve and enhance our global platform.
- Produce design executions that use inclusive design principles and comply with W3C accessibility guidelines.
- Understand and apply the trade-offs between usability, creativity and performance.
- Documentation of new design rules, patterns, systems, style guides and interaction guides.
- Support senior creative team members in the ideation, creation and delivery of digital content and community engagement assets.
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
- Competitive base salary (disclosed at first stage screening)
- All the equipment you need to get the job done
- The ability to work where and when you want in order to get the job done
- A central London office and meeting space to use when you need it
- Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support via Spill
- Professional development allowance
- Company paid team retreats
- Generous parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and any period of closure over Christmas also paid
- Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up that is disrupting a huge industry
The skills, attributes and experience you must have:
- Exceptional UI design skills demonstrated with a strong portfolio.
- Mastery of Figma/Sketch, including creating complex design libraries
- Ability to present your designs and articulate your rationale to colleagues and stakeholders.
- Able to run design workshops and weekly crits.
- Experience using Zeplin or Zeroheight to collaborate with engineers and hand over assets for build.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Understanding of user-centred design principles.
- Proficient with Google’s Tagging and Analytic tools.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- You will bring energy and positivity to the role, looking for opportunities to learn and grow. While being open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with the product owner, engineering team, content and our UX designer.
- Ability to execute all design stages from concept to final handoff.
- Obsession with users - who they are and how they use the product - to create the best experience for them
- Ability to collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to define and implement the experience
- Must be able to build interactive prototypes for exploring ideas in ideation or for user testing purposes.
Skills, attributes and experience it would be nice for you to have:
- Experience working with Github for version control of code. Version code for design is yet to be determined but you can definitely propose a solution that would work well for the business.
- Able to create animations and playful content interactions.
Our application process
We want to make sure we hire the best available talent! We had a fantastic 2021 with all of our hires hitting the ground running. We are excited to do the same in 2022.
Every role is crucial to us at this stage of our growth. We are improving and evolving our recruitment and application process on a monthly basis. We are trying to remove any bias from our recruitment process, this is an on-going issue in the recruitment function for companies of all sizes.
To help achieve this we have refined our application form that you will find when you click 'Apply for this job'. The answers to the questions are the difference between your application being progressed or not so please do give them your time and effort when answering. The first thing our Talent Partner will review is these questions (we may not even need to review your CV depending on your answers).
Good luck with your application and thank you in advance for your interest in joining us at Car & Classic.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Recruiter jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Account Executive jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs