Software Engineering Manager
United States - Remote
KnockWe’re making homeownership simple and certain, so you can experience more of the highs and less of the lows.
Knock is on a mission to make homeownership simple and certain. Whether you are a homeowner looking to buy a new home before selling your current home or a first-time buyer, Knock offers fully digital end-to-end solutions that bring certainty, convenience and cost-savings to the often stressful and complicated process of homeownership. The Knock Home Swap™ empowers a customer to buy their new dream home before selling their old one. Knock GO™ (Guaranteed Offer) provides homebuyers with the best features of a cash offer in a competitive home loan to win the home they want without paying more.
Launched in 2015 by founding team members of Trulia.com, Knock has raised more than $600 million in debt and equity from top-tier investors, including RRE Ventures, Foundry Group, Redpoint, Greycroft, Corazon Capital, Correlation Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital and FJ Labs. The National Association of Realtors®, through its investment arm Second Century Ventures, is a strategic investor in Knock, giving its 1.5 million members the ability to market Knock's homeownership solutions to their clients. Knock currently operates in 72 markets nationwide and plans to be in over 100 markets by 2023.Enjoying Life & Making an Impact
- Knock offers a 100% remote work culture
- 100% employee covered medical, dental, & vision premiums for full time employees
- Unlimited PTO (2 week min. is highly encouraged) for full time employees
- $1,000 annually for professional development
- At least 6 weeks paid parental leave for full time employees
- Life, AD&D and Disability insurance for full time employees
- 401K (noncontributory by Knock) for all employees
- $75 monthly allowance for health & wellness
- Up to $400 monthly for a co-working space for eligible employees
- $75 cell phone reimbursement for eligible employees
- $50 monthly home internet allowance
- $2,500 referral bonus for eligible employees
As a Software Engineering Manager at Knock, you’ll have the opportunity to support, lead, mentor, coach, and grow one of Knock’s talented software engineering teams. You’ll be able to bring your leadership passions to life - coaching remote Software Engineers to build & deliver new products that transform the way people buy & sell homes & the way real estate agents offer new home opportunities.
In this role, you’ll bring your experience to coach team members on a daily basis, set goals, conduct one-on-ones, and assist them in their career growth.
And here at Knock, we have fun, we move fast, we celebrate & support our fellow teammates, and we live by our POPSICLE values. Here are some additional things you’ll get to do:
- Be humble enough to learn and grow, accountable enough to own your mistakes as well as your successes, flexible enough to develop the right methodologies for your team, and courageous enough to embrace diversity of thought, background, and personality.
- Lead projects to launch effectively within time and resource constraints.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product managers, our executive and technology leaders, our sales and marketing teams, and other diverse internal groups.
- Be a strong advocate for great engineering practices and a test-driven, iterative, streamlined development lifecycle.
- Be technical-enough to jump into code to support & help unblock Junior Engineers.
Qualifications - You’ll Bring:
- 1+ year of experience leading software engineering teams
- 5+ years of full lifecycle software engineering experience supporting modern platforms and languages, such as Node.js, React, and/or ReactNative
- Cloud environments experience - we use the AWS ecosystem: Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, & CloudWatch
- Ideally you have supported native mobile development teams who use ReactNative; If you have not, but are passionate about mobile development then we would still love to talk to you.
- Experience working within a scrum product development team
- You bring a measurable focus on success, rapid pace of work, a customer-first mindset with a data-driven approach
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team
- Believe in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock’s commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and courageous.
- Education: High school or equivalent experience
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every listed requirement.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.
This position is in the continental United States.
PDF is our preferred format for resumes and any other attachments. Thank you!
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Senior Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Account Executive jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs