B2B Trading Underwriter
Remote - United Kingdom
We are Zego - a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It's too expensive and time consuming, and it no longer suits businesses who use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020.
At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
We’re seeking a talented and ambitious B2B Trading Underwriter to shape, develop and grow our underwriting capabilities. If you’re hands on, hungry to disrupt the traditional insurance market to make real change for motor fleet customers, this is the role for you!
About the job
Reporting to the Trading Underwriter Lead you will be making a real contribution to the development and growth of our motor fleet portfolio, focussing on top-line growth whilst maintaining adequate loss ratios.
You will work with an elite group of team mates, including pricing, commercial, claims and product, and you’ll be the go-to person for motor fleet insurance knowledge, ensuring that our products meet the current and future needs of our customers.
The stuff you'll be doing:
- Underwriting motor fleet new business and renewal opportunities, using existing and creatively discovering new underwriting techniques to maximise gross written premium whilst maintaining adequate loss ratios.
- You will work with our product, pricing and underwriting teams to continually improve and innovate our insurance products, and always look to enhance our customers protection and experience.
- You will work with our underwriting, pricing and operations teams to refine and streamline our underwriting process, ensuring we always capture key data points for robust decision making.
- Support our commercial and sales team in developing and improving relationships with broker partners to maximise growth opportunities.
- Work with our pricing and data science teams to develop products and strategies that take advantage of our rich, proprietary data sources, including telematics risk scoring, in ways that improve risk selection and therefore overall profitability of the Zego international fleet book.
- Solid experience in motor trading fleet underwriting.
- English speaking.
- Good knowledge of the fleet insurance market, policy wordings and guidelines.
- You have an eye for detail and can see trade-offs between profitability and growth in your underwriting decisions everyday; with a strong drive to produce creative solutions to resolve these trade-offs and disrupt the insurance industry for good.
- Experience of working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders of varying seniority.
- You are a great communicator and have demonstrable experience working with technical and non-technical colleagues including: pricing, sales / broking, product management and operations teams. You are comfortable acting as an insurance domain expert internally, and confident in articulating your underwriting ideas and decisions with external (re)insurers.
- You are self-starting, proactive and creative. Willing to work fast and make commercial considerations that come with working at a VC-backed start-up, with a strong desire to build something new that will scale at an exponential rate for years to come.
- Passionate to make real changes for customers!
What's like to work @ Zego
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote Senior Recruiter jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Account Executive jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs