UK B2B Trading Underwriting Lead
Remote - United Kingdom
We are Zego - a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It's too expensive and time consuming, and it no longer suits businesses who use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020.
At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
Selling Zego’s suite of products, currently motor fleets, ranging from vans and private hire cars to micro-mobility solutions like e-scooters. This is our area of largest projected growth, receiving the most resource investment and as such, this role is pivotal to our future growth plans.
About the role
- You will work closely with the Head of Commercial Pricing to ensure our products are well-formed from an underwriting risk point of view; bringing your market knowledge to ensure we have robust underwriting practices in all our fleet sales.
- You will work closely with the Pricing teams to ensure our products are well-formed from an underwriting risk point of view; bringing your market knowledge to ensure we have robust underwriting practices in place suitable for the French market.
- Drawing upon your own experience and contacts of working in the UK fleet market, as well as conducting your own research with brokers, work closely with sales teams to refine and streamline our underwriting process, ensuring we always capture pertinent data points for both robust underwriting and pricing, helping to maintain adequate loss ratios across the book.
- Bring the core principles and your own ideas of underwriting rigour to life in scalable ways, working closely with Product Managers and software engineers to codify underwriting rules in our bespoke, proprietary UW system.
- Partner with pricing teams and data scientists to develop products and strategies that take advantage of our rich, proprietary data sources, including telematics risk scoring, in ways that improve risk selection and therefore overall profitability of the Zego international fleet book.
What you'll be doing
- You will work closely with the UK and International Commercial and Product teams, especially the Head of International Product, to make continuous improvements to our motor fleet insurance products. You will act as the local insurance subject matter expert supporting the UK and International Product team, accountable for developing the Zego product to ensure it suits the needs of fleet clients and you will be responsible for both top-line growth and bottom-line profitability of the fleet book.
- 5+ years of experience in motor underwriting and/or building insurance products
- English speaking.
- Strong knowledge of UK Fleet Market
- You have an eye for detail and can see trade-offs between profitability and growth in your underwriting decisions everyday; with a strong drive to produce creative solutions to resolve these trade-offs and disrupt the insurance industry for good.
- You have strong stakeholder management skills across a variety of levels of seniority, both internal and external. You are able to prioritise and manage work involving multiple stakeholders.
- You are an excellent communicator and have demonstrable experience working with technical and non-technical colleagues including: pricing, sales / broking, product management and operations teams. You are comfortable acting as an insurance domain expert internally, and confident in articulating your underwriting ideas and decisions with external (re)insurers.
- You are self-starting, proactive and creative. Willing to work fast and make commercial considerations that come with working at a VC-backed start-up, with a strong desire to build something new that will scale at an exponential rate for years to come.
- Some basic analytical / numerical ability, and experience of working with actuaries and data scientists, is highly desirable.
What it's like to work @ Zego:
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote Senior Recruiter jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Account Executive jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs