Senior Manager, Engineering
Remote - West Coast
Posted 5 months ago
SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We are looking for an experienced and inspiring leader to run our Authoring Experience team for the core Surveys product. The Authoring Experience sits at the heart of everything we do at SurveyMonkey, i.e. creating and sending surveys. We are passionate about providing the best possible experience to every user. You will work with a team that deeply cares about user experience and is never satisfied with the status quo. You will work cross-functionally with Product managers, UX designers, marketers, and data analysts to develop new experiences on both desktop and mobile impacting millions of people daily.
- Lead a team of 10 engineers to design, build, and scale the best experience for creating and sending surveys.
- Develop and drive the long-term technology roadmap
- Provide both technical leadership and mentorship - holding a high-performance bar for the team. Be a role model and professional coach for engineers with a strong bias for action and focus on craftsmanship
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers across Product and Design to define, innovate, and execute on the product roadmap
- Partner closely with HR and recruiting teams to attract and recruit strong, experienced talent
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize customer centricity, agile/scrum, and developer productivity
- Own daily management of objectives, priorities, trade-offs, and risks for your team
- 5+ years of management experience leading highly performant teams focused on designing, building, operationalizing scalable product
- Designed and architected scalable and highly performant front-end applications.
- Experience evolving and scaling an existing frontend architecture towards a new target architecture over time will be a plus.
- Strong command of web standards, accessibility, and cross-browser compatibility
- A track record of recruiting extraordinary, diverse technical talent
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have experience working with agile development methodology.
- Strong presentation, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to weigh conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a dynamic environment
- Located in a state within the Pacific Timezone
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.