Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
We're an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Apple, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education, and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Now, in the face of mass school closures, our product and expertise has become central to many more families and organizations than ever before. Our business is growing explosively and as of July, 400,000 learners have taken more than over 1.3M class hours. We've already doubled our team so far this year to keep up with growth. As well as growing our business, we're committed to access and impact so we founded outschool.org to offer $1M in financial assistance to families in need. We're Series A stage, have raised $22M in funding and are profitable.
We're looking for a thoughtful, tech-savvy Account Manager who is excited about education and the opportunity to help educators succeed on our platform. Account management is a new function at Outschool, so you'll get to help define how we support teachers and organizations. Expect to wear many hats as we advance towards our mission of driving teacher and organization retention, increasing success on our platform, and building relationships that help us serve our users and iterate on policies, products, and processes. The right candidate is a great communicator, highly organized, has demonstrated success in similar or comparable roles, and is passionate about Outschool's mission.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Support our top educators with proactive outreach and reactive support
- Plan and execute educator account management against a tiered model
- Collaborate with class quality, class approvals, CX and other teams to develop and manage workflows
- Vet and communicate feature requests internally
- Collaborate on training and success materials across Supply to support a consistently excellent account management experience for educators
WHY YOU'LL SUCCEED:
- You have 4+ years of account management, customer success, or hospitality experience — teaching experience is a plus
- You are scrappy, creative, and rewarded by connecting with and helping others — developing and deepening relationships are important to you
- You are comfortable operating in a fluid/ambiguous environment and have an affinity for creating order where there may be little
- You're known for your ability to solve problems with customer-centric outcomes, and without incurring technical or operational debt
- You're able to balance a big-picture perspective with attention to detail
- You have excellent communication skills and a bias to inbox zero
- You care about learning and education and want to support teachers and learners
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.