Chief of Staff
SkillshareSkillshare is an online learning platform with thousands of creative classes taught by experts and professionals to help you learn new skills.
We are looking for the Chief of Staff who can help drive the CEO and executive team’s agenda as we take Skillshare into new markets, lines of business and an inspiring future. Reporting to our CEO, you will work closely with our executive team to define our strategies and drive our execution. You’ll play a central role in the overall operating cadence of the company, leading our OKR process, planning company-wide and cross-functional meetings, and pushing forward our most critical initiatives.
What you'll do:
- Manage the executive team’s operations: setting meeting agendas, capturing decisions and action items, and then leading the follow up to make sure things are happening.
- Lead the company’s high-level operating cadence: OKRs, weekly all-hands meetings, monthly business operations meetings, and more.
- Drive our most strategic projects: We have three critical growth strategies for 2022, and you’ll work closely with our departmental leaders and executive sponsors to make sure things happen on time and under budget, and we stay ahead of any potential roadblocks.
Why we're excited about you:
- Experience: You’re an accomplished chief of staff (or have led that function in another role) who can bring your own expertise and insights to the role, and help us learn how to get the most out of the function.
- Operational and systems expertise: You have a gift for how to break down complex projects and initiatives into manageable pieces and get things done. You know the right tool for the job, and can use systems and technology to bring transparency and drive efficiencies.
- Communication: Your written and verbal communications are impeccable, and you have a gift for communicating the right information to the right audience in the right way at the right time.
- Analytics: We are a data-driven organization, and your ability to pull insights from the numbers will help inform our decisions and strategies.
- Strategic focus: You will spend a lot of time in the weeds, but you know how and when to pull back and bring a higher-level view to the table. Because you are in the middle of countless moving parts, you can see the big picture from a different perspective.
- Values impact: Being in a highly visible and cross functional role means you’ll be a key contributor to our culture - you embody and model our values of transparency, impact, curiosity and community.
Why you're excited about us:
- Growth: We take personal and professional growth seriously, and you’ll have countless opportunities to stretch yourself.
- Impact: There aren’t many growth companies with a strong platform, subscription-driven business model, AND a powerful social impact. It’s hard to find a company that is both a positive influence on the world and phenomenal business. You are going to be at the center of what makes Skillshare successful this year and for years to come, working closely with the exec team, Board of Directors, and key departmental leaders to make things happen.
- Team: You’ll be a key member of an executive team that is more than capable of taking the company to the next stage of growth and beyond.
- Community: We have a large and uniquely passionate community of teachers and students -- 15% of our NPS comments contain the word “love”. Our platform changes people at their core.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC, Crain’s, and Forbes, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 0 0 0
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior Recruiter jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Account Executive jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs