Clinical Product Leader, Endocrinology (Remote)
Livongo is seeking a people- and product-oriented physician with clinical experience to support our growing product development efforts. In the role of Clinical Product Leader, you’ll apply your medical expertise to create innovative, effective, clinically-relevant and reliable products that delight our members (patients). Your contributions will play a direct and vital role in our success, at a time of explosive growth. Serving as trusted SME and advisor to the product management and product marketing teams, you’ll help shape Livongo product strategy, keeping our product line clinically and scientifically accurate and effective. Your advice and recommendations will assure our products make medical sense for our members. In a very real way, you’ll be helping people to feel better, save money and stay safe.
This is meaningful, exciting work, based in Mountain View, CA, and with an option to work remotely, with very little travel required. Here you can thrive in an environment of collaborative innovation, as we move the industry forward toward a more all-encompassing, personal approach to supporting people with chronic conditions.
- Function as Adult Endocrinology clinical leader for the Livongo product and platform
- Working collaboratively with the product teams, provide clinical oversight to create a coherent, scientifically-sound member/patient experience
- Support Livongo’s clinical credibility, through outstanding product development
- Identify clinical guidelines and clinical needs for product development
- Recommend and prioritize clinical significance within product features, considering patient impact when integrating multiple product applications (how products work together)
- Provide recommendations on product delivery and patient-relevant details
- Review all product features for clinical accuracy, relevance, safety and completeness
- Contribute to defining the product strategy and roadmap
- Augment Livongo’s product vision and inspire approval from product marketing, product management and product design teams
- Participate in product design sprints as clinical stakeholder
- Partner with our Certified Diabetes Educator team to improve coaching curriculums
- Maintain and expand clinical proficiency and market familiarity
- Support review of marketing materials, case studies, thought leadership pieces including peer review publications and abstract presentations
- Provide intelligence to management on competitive products and enhancements
- An advanced medical degree (MD/DO) from the United States, fellowship training and board certification in Adult Endocrinology. Minimum of one year in clinical practice as an attending physician caring for adult patients with diabetes.
- Experience working either as a product manager or in some capacity of product development or in a health technology environment
- Excellent communication skills, with a genuine passion for personal interaction and professional collaboration
- The ability to clearly, accurately, thoroughly and compellingly communicate important clinical details to diverse non-clinical audiences
- Deep insight into the needs of patients with diabetes and other chronic conditions, including patient priorities, pain-points, and behavior
- Superior ability to recognize and communicate strategic issues
- Strong prioritization, time management and organizational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, corporate, product-oriented environment, with the ability to smoothly recognize changing priorities (often due to factors and stakeholders outside of your range of visibility or control), and shift on the fly
- Propensity for curiosity, forward-thinking vision and ability to see beyond traditional models of care
- Genuine enthusiasm for learning, teamwork, and collaboration
- Knowledge of the healthcare space and digital health industry trends is desired, but not mandatory
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter. Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. With our growing member base of over 200,000 people with chronic conditions, your work can truly improve lives on a national scale.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in all of our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.