GM, Financial Services Product for Renters
Our first product is a security deposit replacement that helps lower the upfront cost for renters and helps landlords drive occupancy in their buildings. Our second product is a flexible payment product and we are looking to hire a GM to own this entire business - building it from initial ideation to a significant and meaningful part of Jetty’s overall offering.
In this role, you must be highly entrepreneurial and an expert problem solver. You will work cross functionally across the entire organization, so you must thrive in collaborative environments. As the leader of your business line, you will set up tight operations, while consistently tracking KPIs to measure success. You must know how to effectively use internal resources and how to hire top external talent when necessary. You will report directly into the CEO.
First 6 months: Have an MVP in market
- Work with the Sales team to secure a pilot partner for the product
- Partner with the CFO to identify and secure a financial partner for the MVP - potentially through a lending facility, other lending startup, alternative credit provider, equity capital, or other means
- Own all regulatory or reporting implications of market entry, including but not limited to FCRA, CFPB, federal regulations under ECOA & FHA
- Work with the VP, Revenue to stand up all training and operational needs for the program
- Partner with the Product and Engineering organizations to define requirements and deliver the product; iterating early and often
- Own entire business case and budget for the pilot program
- Set and track KPIs, report out on performance to the broader organization
- Hire top external talent required to stand up the business
- Act as the go-to person for resolving any issues with the pilot - the single point of accountability
First 12 months and beyond: Scale the business
- Articulate what 2.0 of the MVP looks like, and how to scale it
- Work with marketing to define the value proposition for a wider set of partners; include analytics from the pilot to describe benefits
- Create rollout plan with Sales team for new partners
- Stand up the business operationally; including budgets, reporting, resourcing, etc.
- Manage and grow the credit capacity relationships
- Drive the business requirements for a more sophisticated and robust technical product
- Proven track record of identifying roadblocks and solving complex problems quickly
- Proven track record of delivery - has taken a business or product from ideation to market and is familiar and comfortable with the challenges
- Can shift from scrappy to buttoned up and vice versa, depending on the audience and the need
- Experience working cross functionally with finance, product, sales, engineering, and operations
- Experience working as a GM or in a cross functional leadership role
- Experience in financial services is a plus
- Experience in the real estate industry is a plus
- Consulting and/or start up experience is a plus
- 10+ years of experience
Jetty is a financial services company on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and effortless for everyone. Founded in 2015, and inspired by real renter experiences, Jetty now has a nationwide footprint of renters and real estate partners. Focusing on the move-in moment, Jetty's products save renters thousands of dollars, while helping property managers increase occupancy and protection.
Jetty has raised $43.5M from Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, and Valar, and has growing teams in New York City and Atlanta. Learn more about us: www.jetty.com.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) through Betterment
- Optional life and disability coverage, HSA & FSA
- 20 days of PTO + 12 holidays, “Jetty Winter Break, and unlimited sick days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Free Citi Bike membership and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Gym discounts at NYHRC, NYSC, and ClassPass
- Plenty of snacks and coffee