Great MindsGreat Minds is an organization founded in 2007 by teachers and scholars who want to ensure that all students receive a content-rich education.
Great Minds®, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Project Manager to join its PhD Science team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Great Minds seeks a Project Manager to work closely with colleagues across multiple internal teams to plan, schedule, and support ongoing projects for the PhD Science curriculum and implementation success teams.
- Define project scope and requirements through a collaborative, iterative process before project begins.
- Establish and document workflows, tasks, milestones, and resources needed for the project.
- Develop project schedule and secure review and sign-off of the schedule from all stakeholders.
- Identify, document, and manage risks.
- Create a detailed project management plan to include a communication plan, a risk management plan, a quality management plan, a change management plan, a staffing plan, and other project documents as required.
- Hold project kick-off meetings.
- Manage the schedule and negotiate schedule adjustments to achieve project requirements and deadlines.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Coordinate project team efforts throughout all project management phases.
- Ensure that all team members have the required information and resources to carry out their tasks effectively.
- Lead daily/weekly status calls and other regular meetings as needed to support the project.
- Meet with individual team members to identify and correct issues.
- Develop vendor statements of work.
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
- Update all project documents and vendor contracts as needed throughout the project.
- Submit deliverables and ensure that they adhere to quality standards and project requirements.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement and implement agreed upon process improvements.
- Apply industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout all phases of the project.
- Complete additional tasks as requested.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor's degree in related major, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience coordinating cross-departmental projects and/or managing complex schedules
- Experience with project management principles and, ideally, Smartsheet or similar project management software
- Experience working with curriculum content or in educational publishing
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytic and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PPT), Microsoft SharePoint, or other similar distributed storage and collaboration systems
- Personal accountability, urgency, and persistence in completing high-quality work products
- Ability to foster a culture based on accountability
- Experience promoting a supportive and collaborative environment across departments when working together on a project
- Flexible during periods of rapid change
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously without missing critical deadlines
- Ability to anticipate project roadblocks and develop creative solutions both within and across projects to meet goals
- A record of maintaining a positive, professional attitude under tight timelines and with multiple competing priorities
- Bachelors degree
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. For residents of the State of Colorado the expected salary range for this position is $63,353.99 – $74,440.94. This range may vary above and below the expected amounts in the State of Colorado. In addition to the Company's benefit offerings, the position may be eligible for additional annual incentives at the Company's discretion. Any offered salary and other incentives are based on market data, applicant skills and relevant experience, degrees, certifications and internal equity considerations.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Senior Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Account Executive jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs