Sr. Software Development Engineer, Linux (Contract to Hire)
- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
Our Platform Development team builds the high-performance distributed analytics engine that sits at the heart of 1010data's products. This engine is a result of twenty years of in-house research, development, and refinement and is responsible for integrating our platform with new sources, facilitating ad-hoc analysis on trillions of rows of data, scaling hardware with demand, and enabling customers and internal users to leverage the system for their own applications.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer with the Platform Development team, you will contribute your experience and skills toward the development of 1010data's analytical engine, its component services, tooling, and libraries. You will have an opportunity to improve the performance, efficiency, and scalability of the platform. As well as enhancing existing services, you will be able to define and develop entirely new projects.
If you appreciate the end-end ownership of building tools from scratch and are confident embracing new technologies to make a tangible impact, come evolve our product as we continue to change the rules of big data discovery.
This is a contract to hire opportunity. This role is not sponsorableWhat you will take on:
- Scope, design, implement, and test services, libraries, and tools that target a variety of audiences--our internal developers, our in-house data science and analytics users, and our customers
- Implement new infrastructure to better observe the performance, efficiency, or scalability of services along our datacenter and cloud-based distributions
- Leverage a combination of C/C++, K (no prior experience with array languages is assumed), and other languages incorporated as per project needs
- Participate in collaborative efforts with other development teams
- Strong proficiency in C/C+ with 5+ years’ experience developing, testing, and maintaining codebases
- Advance knowledge in Linux system interfaces, such as mmap, shared memory, and io_uring
- Advance knowledge in Linux diagnostics interfaces, such as sysfs, perf, and BPF
- TCP and/or UDP socket programming in C
- Experience with containerization concepts and primitives--Docker, lxc, unshare(), cgroups, or high-level orchestration systems
- Background in high-performance computing
- Knowledge of distributed computing concepts, such as consistency, linearizability, consensus
- Certified cloud developer, AWS and Azure preferred
- Expertise in x86 architecture; memory barriers, atomic operations, SIMD
- Any other challenging and unique specialization of note
- Passion for creating the best possible product
- Capable of working independently toward shared goals
- Positive, results-oriented attitude
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to confidently present ideas to peers, management, and customers in both verbal and written form
For more than 20 years, 1010data has helped financial, retail and consumer goods customers monitor shifts in consumer demand and market conditions and rapidly respond with highly-targeted strategies. The 1010data Insights Platform combines market intelligence, data management, granular enterprise analytics, and collaboration capabilities to empower better business outcomes. More than 900 of the world’s foremost companies partner with 1010data to power smarter decisions.
You can find this on the Company page of 1010data at https://1010data.com/company/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.