Legal Counsel - Part Time - 100% Remote
Car & Classic are seeking an in-house counsel to own legal matters for the business. We’ve grown very rapidly over the past two years and are looking to add this key role to our in-house team to bolster our legal capability.
Car & Classic has the world’s largest selection of classic and collectable cars on sale. We aim to provide the safest, most trustworthy method of transacting specialist vehicles and our online auction and transactional products are revolutionising the way these vehicles are bought and sold in Europe.
Our culture is incredibly important to us. We’re lucky enough to have built the team from scratch with a focus on enjoying the day-to-day, diversity, inclusion and high performance. Despite being an entirely distributed business we build strong connections as colleagues and have created a fun and high performing culture.
The business is growing fast, more than doubling year on year and we’re well funded and backed by leading investors including VC fund Passion Capital. Whilst the team is only 50 people now we expect to double over the next 12-months. We’re looking for a legal counsel that has good, relevant experience and wants to make their mark in a rapid growth business where they can make a real difference, whilst enjoying the environment and culture.
Finally you don’t have to love cars to work here (and lots of our team don’t) but for those who do this is an incredible opportunity to combine your passion and professional lives – we look forward to hearing from you.
Role and responsibilities
2-3 days of flexible work per week, potential to increase this if of interest over time.
Providing counsel to executives on a variety of legal topics (including e-commerce terms, commercial contracts (UK and international), data protection, commercial disputes, employment law, corporate finance etc.)
Taking ownership of the drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts, T&Cs and other legal documents (seeking input from other advisers and stakeholders as appropriate)
Working with all teams to ensure data protection and security regulations are implemented.
Appointment and management of external counsel for specialist needs on an ad hoc basis
Leading international expansion from a regulatory & compliance perspective.
Review IP protection, remedying any deficiencies.
Leading legal process on fundraising (debt & equity) and any M&A transactions.
Taking on company secretarial responsibilities (statutory registers, company filings, shareholder register, equity option plan documentation, etc.)
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
Competitive base salary (disclosed at first stage screening)
All the equipment you need to get the job done
The ability to work where and when you want in order to get the job done
A central London office and meeting space to use when you need it
Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support via Spill
Professional development allowance
Company paid team retreats
Generous parental leave
Cycle to work scheme
33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and any period of closure over Christmas also paid
The skills, attributes and experience you must have:
A commercial team player that thrives in a flexible, fun and high performing environment
Outstanding communication skills, explaining legal concepts for non-lawyers.
Excellent knowledge and understanding of UK corporate and commercial law and procedures
Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
In-house experience, preferably within a high growth FinTech startup / scale-up
Approx. 5+ years’ total PQE.
Familiarity with technology and/or marketplace businesses
Team player and capable of working with / influencing teams from different disciplines and cultures
Skills, attributes and experience it would be nice for you to have:
Experience with marketplaces, payment services, or auctions a plus
Understanding of startup culture
Experience with European legal systems
A passion for the topic – we help millions of enthusiasts enjoy collectable cars every year
Our application process
We want to make sure we hire the best available talent! We had a fantastic 2020 with all of our hires hitting the ground running. We are excited to do the same in 2021.
Every role is crucial to us at this stage of our growth. We are improving and evolving our recruitment and application process on a monthly basis. We are trying to remove any bias from our recruitment process, this is an on-going issue in the recruitment function for companies of all sizes.
To help achieve this we have refined our application form that you will find when you click 'Apply for this job'. The answers to the questions are the difference between your application being progressed or not so please do give them your time and effort when answering. The first thing our Talent Partner will review is these questions (we may not even need to review your CV depending on your answers).
Good luck with your application and thank you in advance for your interest in joining us at Car & Classic.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote Solutions Engineer jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote Senior Accountant jobs
- Remote Account Manager jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Senior Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote Account Executive jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Senior Customer Success Manager jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Stock options-related jobs
- Remote CI/CD-related jobs
- Remote KPIs-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs