Infrastructure Engineer - Cloud Providers (Cloud)
At HashiCorp, we operate according to a strong set of company principles, many of which are described in The Tao of HashiCorp. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, and this role is no exception. We are looking for a Full-time Remote Employee within the US, Canada, UK, Germany or the Netherlands. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
We build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Packer, and Vagrant. Alongside of that, we deploy enterprise products for each in a variety of different ways: licensed and unlicensed binaries, appliances to public cloud platforms, and hosted SaaS platforms. Our products help organizations of all sizes run any infrastructure for any application.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
About the role:
Cloud Services is an exciting team delivering HashiCorp products as fully-managed Cloud services. We work across the company, and with multiple cloud partners, to make using HashiCorp products simple for our customers. We’re a small, but rapidly growing team, making a huge impact.
As part of the Cloud Services Organization, the Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for building and operating mission-critical infrastructure services that teams across Hashicorp use to deliver SaaS based solutions like HCP Consul and Vault on AWS.
We work across commercial Cloud Infrastructure providers like AWS, Azure, GCP, and use HashiCorp tools including Nomad, Vault, Consul, and Terraform as part of our core technology stack. As practitioners of these tools and technologies, we continuously iterate on improving best practices and implementing a prescriptive approach to enable rapid software development and delivery.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Partner with our Security and Compliance teams to help define and implement best practices around Cloud Service Provider configuration for AWS, Azure, GCP and others
- Develop, implement and manage a multi tenant strategy around internal service offerings for DNS, E-mail, CDN, Authentication, Certificates, and Product Registries
- Develop cost/utilization tracking and attribution processes for all Cloud Service Providers
- Create documentation around Cloud Service Provider offerings detailing use cases, best practices, and implementation details
- Develop and maintain technical relationships with our core Cloud Service Providers
You may be a good fit if:
- You have deep knowledge of cloud service providers and best practices around implementation and configuration, preferably managing AWS, Azure, or GCP on behalf of multiple teams for a company that delivers SaaS products
- You have deep experience managing production grade Certificate, DNS, E-mail, CDN’s, Authentication, and Product Registry services on behalf of internal software development teams
- Have experience with Security and Compliance (SOC2, HIPAA, ISO27001) best practices and how to implement controls that support high-velocity software delivery teams
- Passionate about Infrastructure as Code, automation, and developing solutions that help developers move quickly and safely
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.