Cloud Support Engineer - West
Note: This role can work out of our Mountain View headquarters (after the pandemic of course) or remotely within North America.
At LogDNA you’ll help us build a fast and modern log management platform that offers the flexibility of an amazing developer experience with the trust of enterprise-grade infrastructure. Today, LogDNA is used by over 3,000 teams including IBM, Reddit, ASICS and Lime Bike. We’re building a future where developers don’t have to dread the tools they use at work, starting with log management. We've achieved 360% year-over-year revenue growth in the last year, and we're just getting started.
We're Y-Combinator alumni, venture-backed by Emergence Capital (Salesforce, Box, and Zoom) and Initialized Capital (Reddit, Coinbase, and Patreon). Our team comes from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences, having worked on products at DataStax, Rackspace, Segment, Sauce Labs, Microsoft, among others.
At LogDNA, we strive to help developers pinpoint production issues by aggregating all system and application logs into one platform. With a customer base of highly reputable companies and thousands of engineers that ingest billions of events and terabytes of data every day to identify and diagnose production issues, we make our customers our top priority.
We are currently looking for a passionate Cloud Support Engineer who will be a motivated and influential addition to the team to take part in our continued success and growth. The successful candidate will also be an energetic self-starter with a passion for engaging our customers and ensuring that they have a great experience. He/she will be results-driven, ambitious and enthusiastic about making an impact within our start-up.
- Providing amazing customer service and technical support with your team
- Working directly with Ops & Engineering for high priority, on-call situations on a rotating schedule
- Taking ownership of customer issues, managing customer expectations, and seeing those customer issues through to resolution
- Developing a deep understanding of the LogDNA platform and how our customers use it on a day-to-day basis
- Provisioning & maintaining testing environments for the support organization
- Writing & maintaining awesome documentation as well as developing playbooks/runbooks
- Working very closely with our engineering, operations, pipeline, release and product teams to discover, triage, and solve complex technical problems
- 1+ years of experience either in systems engineering, system administration, DevOps, Site Reliability or another highly technical customer engaging role
- Basic systems background in Linux, such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS and/or Ubuntu
- Basic experience in at least one of the following: AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, IBM Cloud
- Basic knowledge of distributed systems
- Strong aptitude for deep technical root cause testing and analysis
- Basic programming or scripting knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to interact with both internal teams and third parties
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to remain calm, composed and articulate when dealing with difficult customer situations
- Love working in a fast paced startup environment with team-oriented goals
- Love solving problems and finding creative solutions
- Self-starter with a Get stuff done attitude and an appetite for learning
- Experience with logging applications
- Experience with incident management
- Experience with containerized deployment
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Working in a fun, energetic, agile team environment
- Flexibility to explore your interests, start new projects, and expand your knowledge
- Competitive compensation plan
- Competitive benefits
- Unlimited vacation
At LogDNA, we're looking for employees who exhibit passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description. We're building a culture where our differences are valued and believe this will drive innovation. Ultimately, our success will be achieved through diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and opinions . Everyone is welcome - as an inclusive workplace our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. Come join us.