Sr. Commissions Manager
Remote - US
Tanium is seeking a top-notch Sr. Commissions Manager to lead its world-class accounting and finance organization. The role is on the global commission administration team that is responsible for key sales compensation operations including distributing and administering quotas and ensuring timely and accurate payments. The successful candidate will have a blend of highly analytical skills, proficiency in systems with a view to full automation and soft skills to work with business partners. Cross functionally, the position works with the Sales, Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting, Payroll, Legal, Sales Operations, Deal Desk and HR teams to coordinate and ensure sales commissions and related incentive bonuses are accurate, complete, and paid on time. This role is highly visible across the company and will require a driven leader to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
What you'll do:
- Lead the process for the administration, validation and payment of incentive compensation plans for all commission eligible employees
- Lead the annual and monthly process of distributing quotas and compensation plans including maintenance of Xactly Incent and user acceptance testing
- Partner with the Talent, Operations and Finance and Accounting teams to understand new hire offers and non-standard terms to ensure processes, systems and people are setup appropriately
- Be the lead subject matter expert on commissions and be able to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of sales and sales support functions
- Implement automation between existing systems and streamline current processes
- Be a key advisor for new commission structures annually and throughout the year for new product offerings, positions and markets
- Collaborate with our many cross functional teams to respond to questions and issues as they arise as it relates to policy, plans and ad hoc items
- Provide insights on reporting and analytics by partnering with leaders to determine business needs and be able to provide consistent and timely information proactively and as the need arises
- Produce commission communication materials to be able train members of sales and sales support functions regarding commission calculations and policy changes as appropriate
- Craft and maintain commission related policy and procedure documentation. This will include working with sales and sales operations in modeling scenarios and providing recommendations
We're looking for someone with:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required; CPA preferred
- 10+ years of commission experience required; 6+ years preferred
- Experience at a business-to-business enterprise software company strongly preferred
- Experience with Xactly required
- Salesforce and NetSuite experience preferred
- Strong ability to manage confidential information required
- Disciplined attention to detail and ability to adhere to tight deadlines required
- High attention to detail and to be able to problem solve quickly
- Advanced softskills with the ability to discuss complex and difficult issues to all levels in the organization
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast growing and fast paced environment while consistently delivering accuracy whilst also sticking to deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel - pivot tables, VLOOKUP, macros, etc.
- A strong people manager with a record of leading high performing teams
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
At Tanium, we take care of our employees and their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.