Technical Ops Lead
Anywhere, USA or Canada
The CompanycurbFlow is a venture-backed, early-stage startup that is developing the world's first affordable, portable and scalable computer vision (CV) platform operating at the edge. We use CV to solve real-world problems, starting at the curb where we provide real-time curb access for commercial and delivery vehicles.
The most critical part of curbFlow’s success is our ability to deploy a large fleet of computer-vision enabled IoT devices at retail merchants who host our devices. These hundreds and soon-to-be thousands of deployed devices will provide a first-of-its-kind network of intelligence for our delivery customers. We have started in Washington DC with plans to expand geographically in Q4 2020.
As our Technical Operations lead, you will have a large impact on the development and deployment of this core technology that will enable us to virtualize the physical space without altering it. The ideal candidate would be excited about taking ownership of our hardware / software deployment.
- Build and manage our Assembly, Installation, and Repair (“AIR”) team (in-house + contractors)
- Manage deployment of our IoT devices computing at the edge, collaborating closely with our Engineering & Advanced Technology team
- Lead the development of robust installation and debugging procedures for new devices
- Troubleshoot installations in-person and remotely
- Develop the playbook for technical installations and support at scale
- Past experience managing a large fleet of computing devices or sensors, particularly in environments with unreliable internet connections
- Very experienced with Bash and Linux systems, bonus points for experience with embedded systems
- A background in QA and testing
- Ability to operate and execute independently without significant oversight
- Managerial and operational experience preferred
What We Offer
- An opportunity to shape an early-stage, mission-driven mobility tech company and revolutionize how people and goods move around
- Live anywhere you want in North America - Speed matters to Scale, so we're building a distributed team of the best talent
- Professional growth at a fast-growing, venture-funded startup with a proven founder and leadership team
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation days
- Generous health benefits (Health, Vision, Dental)
- Commuter benefits
- Brand new, top of the line hardware and whatever else you need to help you succeed
As the company's Technical Ops Lead, you will be an integral leader working closely with all team members, including the CEO. Your contribution will directly affect Company strategy, product development and other core aspects of the Company's early evolution.