Principal Product Marketing Manager, Security
Elastic is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Grab, Goldman Sachs, ING, Microsoft, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
We're looking to add a new node to our cluster, focusing on go-to-market (GTM), product marketing programs and sales enablement for our Elastic Security solution. In this role, you will work closely with many functions across Elastic, including marketing, engineering, demand gen, and field to help define and execute on GTM strategy for the Elastic Security solution, which addresses multiple use cases -- including Endpoint Security, SIEM, compliance, and more. You will play a major part in driving the growth of Elastic Security, launching new solutions and products, positioning new releases to the market, and driving GTM activities with the field organization.Responsibilities:
- Help define and execute go-to-market plans for the Elastic Security solution
- Develop target personas and segments, analyze how users adopt and customers buy our products, and the value they derive from them
- Clearly articulate Elastic’s position and differentiation vs similar security offerings, and be an expert on competition
- Provide thought leadership around security market trends and competing solutions.
- Lead security-related strategy for community, events, and analyst relations
- Build, curate, and present compelling content for releases, executive briefings, blogs and internal enablement
- Represent Elastic Security at various speaking engagements and conferences
Being successful as our Principal Product Marketing Manager for Elastic Security will require you to bring domain expertise in one or more security use cases, such as SIEM, EPP/EDR, SOAR, and threat hunting. Additionally, this role will require a deep understanding of cloud, both as a deployment option as well as an environment to protect. Practitioner experience is a plus. In detail, we would love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience leading outbound product initiatives
- Passionate about helping security markets solve complex security challenges
- Experience leading product marketing at a specialized business unit, collaborating with matrixed generalist marketing, sales, and partner organizations.
- Creative energy, courage to throw out the playbook, and out of the box thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including public speaking experience.
- Comfort working in a very cross-functional role with a highly distributed team
- Familiarity with Elastic technology is preferred, but not required.
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.