Victoria - Vancouver - Remote
We’re open to remote candidates within +/- 3 hours of the PDT timezone.
Working at MetaLab means caring about people first, portfolio second, and profits last. As an integral part of our sales team, you’ll be tasked with helping to secure exciting work that keeps our people engaged, our clients inspired, and our business profitable.
This role requires you to be a relationship expert. That means you’ll need to be extremely adept at making connections and generating new opportunities from both your existing network and ours. Traditional sales techniques don’t really match our vibe, so while our approach requires hard work, we’re looking for people who value authenticity over the classic pitch.
We think we do pretty great work, but it’ll be up to you to communicate that to potential clients in a way that is both quietly confident and undeniably compelling. You’ll study up on new businesses, products, and emerging industries to stay informed and help clients believe in the value that we have to offer.
- Qualify inbound leads to figure out if they’re the right fit for MetaLab. If they are, nurture those relationships until the deal is closed and you’ve handed them off into our account team’s loving arms.
- Take initiative by scouring through our past network of clients, tracking market news/product launches, and building relationships with possible clients who’ve maybe never heard of MetaLab (but who we think we could do incredible work with).
- Understand MetaLab’s business, people, strengths, processes, and culture inside and out, so you can represent us to clients old and new.
- Work closely with our internal teams to strategize, estimate, and present proposals for new projects.
- We can do a lot over Zoom, but sometimes a good face-to-face is needed. Occasional travel will be required.
The must-have shortlist:
- 6-8+ years of experience in selling agency or consulting services. Bonus points if you’ve sold product services within design and development.
- A people person who can win over the hearts of clients and internal teams alike, while also ensuring that the clients we bring in the door are the right fit for our team.
- Experience breaking into and working with large companies from an outbound sales perspective (think Google, NBC, Uber, etc.).
- A constant curiosity towards what makes a product successful and how that applies to our clients’ businesses.
- You’ve consistently closed high-value sales with deal size above $100K+ and targets above $1MM+.
- No ego. The role has a fair bit of individual work involved, but this isn’t a traditional lone wolf sales org. We work as a team and we’re better for it.