Director, Professional Services
San Francisco, Remote
This position can be remote and based anywhere in the US.
Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where the digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability, and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 285,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education, and NGOs, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our sales organization.
Pantheon is looking to hire a talented Director of Professional Services. This is a highly strategic role reporting to the VP of Customer Success. As Director of Professional Services, you will have the responsibility for building and managing the teams who are delivering Pantheon solutions and ensuring our implementations are successful.
The ideal candidate must have experience managing organizational and project financials, customer negotiations, contracting & scoping, and building and growing a PS practice.
Cool Things You’ll Do
- Build and lead a world class and rapidly growing Professional Services organization. Own all aspects of PS strategy, hiring, implementation methodology, services P&L, and project success for our PS team.
- Direct the activities of the PS team through ongoing oversight of active implementations, ensuring we deliver on time, within budgets, and with high quality outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure our teams follow best practice implementation processes, and identify opportunities to improve our methodologies and tools.
- Work with Sales. Legal, and Customer Success teams to ensure a smooth and seamless process from discovery to project delivery and finally to close.
- Create, manage, and enhance professional services go-to-market strategies and offers in coordination with Sales, Customer Success, and Product/Engineering teams
- Work with Professional Services and Product/Engineering teams to build automation to increase efficiency, repeatability, and reduce time-to-value of professional services work
What you Bring to the Table
- 8-10 years of experience successfully building, running, and managing a high-performance professional services practice
- Hands on experience delivering and managing Webops, Drupal, Wordpress or other CMS systems
- Functional understanding of DevOps, Cloud Native, and modern software development practices
- Application or Cloud migration experience
- Significant Fortune 1000 Enterprise client management experience
- Great people and client management skills, including conflict management and resolution
- Proven leadership and experience in Professional Services, ideally with experience in product companies
- Executive and strategic advisory presence
- Calm and collected under fire and in high stress situations
- High energy and proactive demeanor
- Ability to structure and weaponize repeatable go-to-market offers
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Vacation days and time off
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- top-of-line equipment
- Fun at Drupal community events
- Discounts on custom bicycles - the founders of Pantheon also Founded Mission Bicycle
- Dog-friendly office
- Training stipend to attend industry conferences
- Fully stocked kitchen with lunches provided
- Pantheon recently closed its Series D funding ($40m)
- Pantheon is one of America’s Best Workplaces of 2019
- Pantheon earns Top 10 Ranking in “Best Software Awards” by G2 Crowd
- Pantheon actively sponsors programs like the Grace Hopper Celebration (GHC 19)
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Visa Sponsorship is not available at this time.