Director of Program Management
Great MindsGreat Minds is an organization founded in 2007 by teachers and scholars who want to ensure that all students receive a content-rich education.
Great Minds®, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Director of Program Management to join our dynamic and growing science department.
Great Minds, a mission-driven public benefit corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our curricula, Wit & Wisdom® English, Eureka Math®, and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit www.greatminds.org.
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive down expectations, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
We are looking for a talented Director of Program Management to lead program operations for Great Minds’ science department. In this key leadership position, the Director will
• analyze and improve processes to optimize science department operations,
• ensure timely delivery on commitments in support of the organization's strategic vision and near- and long-term goals,
• oversee the development of science department budgets and operating plans, and
• improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the science department by using qualitative and quantitative analyses.
The Director of Program Management manages a team of project managers and program assistants and reports to the Chief Academic Officer of Science.
• Introduce best practices and create and drive processes that enable the overall product strategy and development lifecycle, including for new project intake and evaluation, ongoing project reviews, and quarterly planning cycles.
• Manage a growing team of project managers and program assistants, serving as the direct supervisor of 4–6 team members.
o Study work practices within the project manager and program assistant job functions and establish mechanisms for soliciting feedback on these functions from the teams they serve.
o Provide individual coaching and team development initiatives to mentor and develop the project management and program associate team members, norming and continually improving team practices.
o Set and monitor quarterly team and individual goals in service of the organization, as well as department-level goals and core values.
o Build a positive work culture that elevates the department’s core values.
• Ensure that project plans are built with sustainable workloads in mind for all science team members. Develop mechanisms and protocols to assist in project planning and monitoring that ensure a balanced workload for team members for the duration of each project.
• Monitor the schedule health of all projects and analyze and identify project and program risks. Meet with stakeholders to mitigate risks and address setbacks, communicating issues and decisions transparently. Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure that departmental and project goals are achieved.
• Create and lead effective communication cadences across development teams and with stakeholders and executive teams. Produce accurate and timely status reporting throughout each project life cycle.
• Develop comprehensive annual and multiyear budgets for the science department, considering the short- and long-term goals of the department and the larger organization. Collaborate with supporting departments (digital, production, etc.) to ensure that those departments have accurate data on what they need to support each planned initiative.
• Create cost estimates for new projects and initiatives as they arise. Incorporate costs into the budget by communicating and coordinating with accounting and finance.
• Coordinate with accounting and finance to establish time and expense coding practices that support meaningful cost, budget, and ROI analyses.
• Monitor the spend on each project by comparing actual spend to the budget, and evaluate total spend against total budget. Investigate and communicate any substantial differences between planned and actual expenses.
• Monitor the productivity level on science projects for each job function (i.e., what an employee in a given role can accomplish in a given time period) to improve the accuracy of project budgets and timelines and to identify opportunities for process improvements. Collaborate with content leads and supporting departments to implement process improvements.
• Collaborate with product management and sales to anticipate and monitor demand and revenue for products and services. Use this data to project and monitor staffing levels for services and to model and maintain ROI analysis for products and initiatives.
• Work effectively with internal product management, production, and technology leaders, as well as with third-party partners, to create alignment on strategies, roadmaps, and portfolio tradeoffs.
• Participate in strategic planning with other directors in the science department to set goals and prioritize initiatives that yield constant improvement of product offerings, product usage, quality of implementation, department culture, and overall department and project efficiency.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in math, science, business, or related field
• Experience building strong teams and leading complex technical and operational programs
• Ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of stakeholders
• Demonstrated experience leading detail-oriented team members to execute across a range of products
• Expertise in project management tools and processes
• Experience developing and adhering to budgets
• Proven financial acumen in assessing business risks and developing cost and ROI analyses
• Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
• Strong sense of ownership
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills
If selected for an interview a background check will be required.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. For residents of the State of Colorado the expected salary range for this position is $119,000.00 - $140,000.00. This range may vary above and below the expected amounts in the State of Colorado. In addition to the Company's benefit offerings, the position may be eligible for additional annual incentives at the Company's discretion. Any offered salary and other incentives are based on market data, applicant skills and relevant experience, degrees, certifications and internal equity considerations.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
Explore more Remote Work and WFH career opportunities
- Remote Project Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Product Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Content Marketing Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Data Analyst jobs
- Remote QA Engineer jobs
- Remote Software Development Engineer jobs
- Remote Principal Product Manager jobs
- Remote Senior Technical Recruiter jobs
- Remote Senior Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Sales Engineer jobs
- Remote Executive Assistant jobs
- Remote UX Designer jobs
- Remote Technical Program Manager jobs
- Remote Visual Designer jobs
- Remote Clinical Data Manager jobs
- Remote Support Engineer jobs
- Remote Senior UX Designer jobs
- Remote UX Researcher jobs
- Remote Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Remote Program Manager jobs
- Remote Enterprise Account Executive jobs
- Remote Content Writer jobs
- Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs
- Remote Staff Product Designer jobs
- Remote Technical Account Manager jobs
- Remote DevOps-related jobs
- Remote Coaching-related jobs
- Remote Open Source-related jobs
- Remote React-related jobs
- Remote Linux-related jobs
- Remote Cloud-based-related jobs
- Remote UX-related jobs
- Remote User Experience-related jobs
- Remote Integrations-related jobs
- Remote Kubernetes-related jobs
- Remote Docker-related jobs
- Remote Backend-related jobs
- Remote CRM-related jobs
- Remote Interpersonal skills-related jobs
- Remote Azure-related jobs
- Remote Entrepreneurial-related jobs
- Remote Mentoring-related jobs
- Remote HTML-related jobs
- Remote Customer-facing-related jobs
- Remote UI-related jobs
- Remote HR-related jobs
- Remote Ruby-related jobs
- Remote Windows-related jobs
- Remote Jira-related jobs
- Remote CSS-related jobs