Phreesia is looking for a hands-on, highly technical System Engineer to join our growing team!
This individual will obtain and understand intimate knowledge of Phreesia’s users, customers and architecture. Your knowledge will be used design, secure, automate and maintain our co-location and cloud infrastructure. The infrastructure must be designed and maintained at a high level to ensure 99.99% customer uptime with acceptable performance and capacity to support 30% year-over-year traffic growth. The ideal candidate will provide other technical teams with the tools and procedures needed for self-service provisioning and configuration. Ongoing responsibilities include developing Standard Operating procedures, Automation, building and configuring Web and application servers, monitoring key processes, securing and maintaining virtual data centers
What You'll Do:
- Installation and configuration of physical and virtual servers. Automate all manual task.
- Infrastructure automation for vms, load balancing and development tools.
- Secure and audit all virtualization layers and hypervisors to meet PCI and Hipaa standards.
- Day-to-day operation, maintenance and monitoring of the production application and supporting systems.
- Architect and support all development code automation at the infrastructure level. This includes NaaS and IaaS integration with tools and processes.
- Support DevOps initiatives in automation projects.
- Assist in the selection, configuration and the ongoing usage of monitoring tools.
- Design and build self service portals for vmware and application deployment including utilization of vRealize automation.
- Maintain, upgrade and patch all current and new vsphere infrastructure
- Actively participate in the process for selecting and designing the second and third data center sites.
- Respond to and remediate monitoring alerts. Provide full monitoring visibility into all virtual and application layers.
- Strong understanding of public cloud solutions with VMC on AWS and AWS prefered.
- Support NOC staff with training, issue escalation and automation.
- Optimize system availability, security and performance of production systems.
- Be available for scheduled on-call / shift work, outside of normal business hours.
What You'll Bring:
- 5 plus years of experience designing and managing enterprise vmware virtual datacenters support 1000s of virtual machines. This includes, ground up design, implementation, upgrades and maintenance. Scripting and automation with powershell, vmware cli and vmware restapi. Day to day usage of Vcops, Vrealize automation, SRM, vcenter.
- Ability to support and guide DevOps with automation all vm build processes using vsphere command and APIs.
- 5 plus years of experience managing enterprise level MS Window servers heavy OLTP load. This includes detailed experience with Windows IIS, event logs, registry, Active Directory/Group Policy, security, patching and logging.
- Expert in powershell and vmware powershell CLI integrations.
- Demonstrated ability to automate all maintenance tasks across an environment while ensure no production downtime or interruption.
- Experience supporting a public “Always Available” application. SaaS experience preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to analyze complex technical problems
- Ability to multi-task, shift gears quickly, work independently and collaboratively, adapt easily to shifting priorities, process changes, and schedule changes
- Ability to quickly learn new systems
- Excellent verbal and written communications; ability to explain issues clearly and concisely and establish effective working relationships in a distributed team
- Detailed knowledge of FC and ISCSI storage.
- Detailed knowledge of network at 10gb plus and NaaS.
- Detailed knowledge of load balancing and integration with NaaS.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and lead team members in the adoption, deployment and management of technology
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- Vmware NSX design and configuration a strong plus
- CentOS, mongodb (basic understanding of linux) knowledge a plus.
- Experience with CiscoUCS platform and Pure Storage and strong plus
Who we are:
At Phreesia, we’re committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscape—and we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing and enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, and hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, we’re a four-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare award. If you’re interested in consistent feedback and recognition, defined career paths, and the opportunity to work with driven and engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits and Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, and short/long-term and life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Mobile phone stipends, and fitness reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees
- Home office setup for remote employees
- Tuition and certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive environment and are an equal opportunity employer.