Toronto, CA or Remote
Posted 5 months ago
With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 200 remote-first employees around the globe processing hundreds of millions of dollars in sales every month.
As a Technical Writer you will work closely with Product and Engineering teams to create in-depth technical documentation for Recharge’s solutions and emerging products. You will be supporting existing product/process documentation as well as documenting new features and applications that arise. The documentation created will be made available to support our customer base and partners from a technical standpoint.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Develop and deliver high quality, user-friendly documentation for customers, partners and internal consumers.
- Collaborate and communicate with Engineering, Customer Success, Product, and other internal teams to gather and research relevant information to enable successful documentation.
- Track and lead project efforts: reviewing, editing and updating new and existing API documentation to validate for accuracy, clarity, consistency, and overall quality.
- Worked with distributed, dynamic, agile software engineering teams.
- Be a technical leader that drives project processes and technical projects to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Maintain continuous training on the ReCharge platform and new features.
What You’ll Bring
- 2-5 years of experience in a technical writing role within a SaaS or Ecommerce organization
- Recent, relevant experience writing API documentation and familiarity with SaaS
- Strong working knowledge of documentation tools
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing to both technical and non-technical people
- Strong verbal communication skills to be able to excel in working cross functionally
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to work remotely and make an impact at a start-up
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.