Call Center Supervisor
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients homes. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry one patient at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a razor-sharp Operations Supervisor eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Supervisor for our Patient Experience Center is an integral part of our Participant Experience Center working on the front lines and serving as a strong leadership role. The Supervisor will mentor our Patient Experience Coordinators in being the first point of contact with our participants in their participant experience, service and clinical research participation. We rely on the Operations Supervisor to ensure our Participant Experience Center is delivering a positive participant experience while maintaining accurate and orderly outbound and inbound calling.
The Operations Supervisor will need to have an excellent understanding of the clinical research studies while managing the performance of all direct reports.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the continued growth and improvement of the Participant Experience Center.
- Monitoring the Participant Experience Centers’ effectiveness as well as identifying and escalating program trends to the appropriate departments.
- Responsibility of efficiently tracking all data analysis, identifying trends, and providing proactive solutions/recommendations for the success of the Participant Experience Center and its’ staffing needs.
- Driving stellar performance of direct reports through recognition and encouraging growth through detailed performance reviews.
- Developing detailed goals and objectives for the Participant Experience Center and all direct reports to reach.
- Participating in the interviewing, onboarding, and mentoring processes of new hires for the Participant Experience Center, ensuring they become an effective team member for the business.
- Listening to calls to assess customer service levels and leading the proficiency gap assessment of all direct reports and developing plans to address performance issues.
- Monitoring and reviewing all training to determine the effectiveness and provide feedback on recommendations for improvement in future training sessions.
- Responsibility of tracking all deviations and escalating them to the appropriate departments.
- Generating the Time Assessment Query (TAQ) regularly to ensure that direct reports are billing appropriately; communicate issues and incorrect billing to the appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and assessing data quality and productivity reports for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Understanding of Program Specific Knowledge to manage the program processes, proactively drive process improvement to ensure work is completed in a timely, efficient, and high-quality manner.
- Coordinating internally to ensure all resources are available to accurately and effectively support the team.
- Providing clear and concise communication across various departments to ensure the success of the Patient Experience Center.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or evidence of continual work towards a degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of customer service, volunteering, or other customer-facing experience is preferred with a Bachelor’s degree
- Without a degree, 8 or more years of healthcare or customer service work experience is needed, along with a High School Diploma (or GED)
- Prior supervisory experience in a call center with direct reports
- Experience with an administrative/healthcare customer service role in a large healthcare office setting is a plus
- Experience with Five9 call center software
- Bilingual strongly preferred/a plus
- Ability to securely handle personal health information (PHI) and personally identifiable information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
- Demonstrating technologically savvy; experience using a customer service management database
- Providing exceptional customer service skills; a pleasant, patient, and friendly attitude that works well with others
- Ability to provide a strong organizational ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to provide excellent problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize work
- Providing a strong bias for action and demonstrated a desire for ownership
- Ability to identify and escalate issues that require input from other departments
- Capability to juggle multiple interactions at one time
- Ability to communicate in grammatically correct English (both verbal and written)
- Providing an excellent demeanor; telephone presence and customer service skills
- Mentoring and managing other employees
- Ability to initiative working with various groups within the organization to drive our mission
- Comfortability with working directly with high-level executives
The incumbent reports directly to the Director, Patient Experience Center
- Patient Experience Coordinators
- Temporary Patient Experience Coordinators
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed. Enjoy healthy catered lunches, snacks and beverages, and top-notch equipment such as the latest Macbook, 4k monitors, and adjustable standing desks.
Submit your resume to apply!